Insurance approves Remacade

Rheumy office called today with approval of remacade infussion. Now I wait for hospital to call me to set up appointment for my first infussion. Also spoke to my neuro doctor who confirmed that my dementia may be a caused from my auto immune issues. She said that I have to be receiving remacade for a month & they can do another PET scan & if it the dementia is related to the autoimmune issues we will see improvement of PET scan. So for now I wait for appointment of first infussion & pray.

Dear Elizabeth,

I knew little of Remicade, so I went to their site, the safety information reads about the same as the others, but the benefits of possibly feeling better in just 2 weeks is very promising, so is the possiblility of improving function.

I will join you in prayer that the call comes soon and the results of the infusions are and remain spectacular! Don't some of the Rheum's do these in their office, or is it always a hospital?

Wishing you well,

SK

Hi,SK, Not sure if the rheumy's do this in their office. I know you have to be watched when it is being administered as you can have reactions from it. I was told to give it till Tuesday to get a call from the hospital to set up an appointment for my first infusion. I will update when I get an appointment. When is ypour next rheumy appointment?