I'm pregnant... unexpectedly... however I am happy, but any words of advice, would greatly be appreciated!d?

Hey guys ! Its been ages since i was last on this website. I hope your all well !!

Dealing with daily challenges with PSA in tow, 2 years I was moved (thankfully away from methotrexate) onto Humira... My life started to seem possible again. Continuing my career as a professional dancer and achieving basic daily goals that I thought would never happen again!!

Anyway I am now 25 and my partner and I have always dreamed of having our own family... but when the time is right and my health is in a good state. Lately I have been flaring... so ideally not a perfect timing.

So long story short, 2 weeks ago I found out I'm pregnant and it wasn't planned (I at least lost all trust in my body, to be able to successfully do something natural again is mind blowing!!) ... so its been 2 WHOLE weeks without humira... and to be honest, I'm scared. Of course I naturally want this pregnancy as I feel being a mother runs through me... however I cannot deny the fear factor that is kicking in. My pain is slowly creeping up. I know they say you can go into remission during pregnancy etc.. which would be amazing however what if it doesn't? Or if it does what about after the baby arrives ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys !!

Love Sarah xx

Hello and congrats!! I will say with my pregnancies I went into remission. The only medication I took was Tylenol. I also breastfed and remained in remission for 6 months after birth. The first trimester was hard and I did have lots of pain. The remission part didn't kick in until the second trimester. See how you feel and if the pain is too much, talk to your doctor. Some medications can be used up until the third trimester.

Congratulations, what fantastic news! The bit about doing something so natural really got to me .... though I guess as a dancer you already know that PsA doesn't necessarily impact on strength and a certain, often good, level of 'underlying' health.

I'm way past childbearing so don't have any PsA plus pregnancy experiences to share, but I hope you do go into remission and have a wonderful pregnancy. We will need baby pics!

I have little useful information but wanted to say congratulations! Keep us posted and keep asking questions. What an exciting time! You made it as a dancer, many of us tried but few “make it” so your dedication and perseverance will get you through this all to!