I'm back!

I haven't blogged in forever, but I guess that is good and it means I have my mind on other things besides PsA. I've been focusing on my sister and doing whatever I can to help her. Meanwhile, I keep thinking about my future. I managed to keep my teaching job, they let others go but kept me. Not quite sure how that happened, but I am grateful.

My rheumy changed practices and is now about an hours drive away. I don't want to change though, he diagnosed me and understands my situation so an hours drive once every 3 months is ok. It looks like I'll be staying on Sulfasalazine which is a relief. My symptoms are managable so I am dealing with it and doing the best I can. Working with little ones is not the best way to go when you are on immune supressant meds so the longer I can live with the starter meds, the better.

We have a kitten now, we got him in April and he is such a blessing. He calms me when I don't feel well and is so much fun to watch. He bites a bit but we are trying to break him of that bad habit. His name is Mio - short for Emelio. I swear he talks to us at times but he gets in his fair share of trouble, too. He is a good distraction for us and gives me unconditional love (most of the time). He kind of fills the baby void too. He is just adorable and the cutest kitty ever in the whole world (that's what I tell him everyday). Hubby is just as in love with him as I am. He is our spoiled baby kitty who has his own room, two bathrooms, and tons of toys.

We have a few more clues about what may have caused the auto immune problems in my family. We are now up to 4 children with auto immune problems and 1 without (or at least not yet diagnosed). But the search continues and when we find out what happened, I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. Meanwhile, here is a picture of my kitty.

Nice to see you back, and with a decent update. Your kitty is absolutely adorable!

thanks for the kitty picture! Here's my Tillie (short for Matilda).