I would like some advice please

Back ground,I’m on Celebrex,Methotrexate & Orencia infusions,this combination is helping.
Apart from I am getting a pain in & around my sternum. I’m pretty sure the costochronditis never really went away from a few months ago despite having steroids in my infusions. When I take a deep breath it feels strange,almost like I need to cough. I haven’t had a cold or anything. My PCP has but me on Lyrica but nothing has changed. I just don’t feel right,I seem to be getting out of breath & I’m getting tired too easily.
I don’t want to feel like I’m bothering my PCP but I don’t know what else to do. Do I wait & see if it goes on its own. One more thing,I finally went to get my shoulder looked at,I have a possible rotated cuff tear but the doc did say I had some arthritis in my collar bone. Could that be part of the issue. I apologize for the rambling but could really do with some ideas. Thank you.

Oh, Lindseylou, anything with chest pains and breathing issues would send me straight to ER. I think you need a professional opinion on this asap.

Really?? I don’t want to make a fuss,because its not constant pain it comes & goes away. I think because of the costochronditis part of me thinks it must be related. I don’t want to over react,and my PCP didn’t seem at all concerned,I just don’t know what to do. Thanks for the reply.

I agree with Seenie anything pertaining to chest pain or breathing issues should be checked out. You need a professional to rule out any other issues it may be.

I personally had an experience several years back, that I probably would have blew off because the pain was not consistent and I assumed it was just a pulled chest muscle or something. After talking to one of my coworkers, she told me to get in and have it checked out. Turned out it was fluid on the lung (pneumonia) and I had to treat with antibiotics.

I agree with Seenie - that's definitely something I would get checked out sooner rather than later.

Okay, professional opinion time:

Go to ER. Do not drive yourself please! Tell them you are having chest pain AND shortness of breath. It's true and it will get you seen faster. Ordinarily, if you have chest pain of KNOWN origin and its not cardiac related and your PCP knows about it then it's something that you can wait to see the PCP for, but the shortness of breath coupled with chest pain is concerning.