Humira on vacation

Sorry about that… Should have started a discussion. It’s my first post. I’m recently diagnosed and starting humira next week. I have been through sulfa and mix already with some not so great side effects. I am going on vacation to Mexico in two weeks and wondering if I should skip the week or try and take the injectable with me.

Take it with you. Don't screw up your dosing schedule for something like this. Call the people at Humira. They will send you a travel pack for your medication including an insulated cooler and an ice pack. Take the medication, complete with the box that has you prescription information on it with you as a carry on. You should be fine. Here's the link: https://www.humira.com/myhumira/travel-kit.aspx

Yup. What GrumpyKittie said. They make it so you can take it with you, so take it with you!! Call the Humira hotline if you have concerns about how long the cooler will be effective and how best to pack it so it doesn't cause issues at security lines, etc. They are REALLY helpful. 1-800-4HUMIRA.

Take it with you. I travel overseas with it all the time. If I miss it, it actually screws up my immune system so that pick up every bug and get sick (as well as sore). Get the ice pack as grumpy suggests - they work very well and look all official. Do have your presciption though - in some countries they will want to see it and record what it is.

Take it with you and enjoy your trip. Take pictures and share.