Humira headaches?

I have been on Humira for a few months now and frequently get one-sided headaches. Has anyone else had this side effect? And if so what seems to help? I've tried Tramadol, Tylenol, Advil, Ibuprofen and Excedrin but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Leah :)

Hi....hmnnnnn...while i never got headaches on Humira, wondering if they could be coming from your neck?

Just a wild guess, no doctor....but i have a succesful 21 yr old neck fusion, and am getting some arthritis above it. I did get a couple cervical epidurals, and the headaches went away..I think the latest issue would be around C4 disk.

But i had all those nerve tests and such, everything is good!

for pain with headaches, i have norco, for joint pain, might help your headache...

Please let your doctor about this/take care!

I've had a lot of neck issues lately too. It's probably all connected but the headaches were just more often with the Humira. I've got C4, 5 & 6 damage with stenosis in my neck and lower back. Oh the fun ;) Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll just have to go to physical therapy for my neck and hope for the best!!

Hi Leah. YES!!!!! I did. I had to go to my neurologist because I was having horrible migraines that nothing was touching. After many different tries, including a occipital block, she ended up putting me on Inderal to control them. I have been off of the Humira for sometime now and can not ween myself off of the Inderal. I am a migraine sufferer normally though. At the beginning of this time, I had been migraine free for 7 years. :-(

I don't know if this helps you. I know NONe of us want yet ANOTHER medicine added to our daily regimen, but that's what works for me!

good luck!

Thanks for the info! I just wonder if the headaches will continue even though I'm going to be switching from Humira to Remicade....All these crazy questions going on in my head. I know I can't ask all the questions I have because I don't know how the new meds will affect me. I am overall average healthy, other than a bit overweight (hard to exercise whe everything hurts!) and the obvious PsA. I have been reading different reactions to the Remicade but I don't know what, if any, side effects I would get. I've been allergy tested and I am not allergic to mice so I shouldn't have any kind of reaction allergen-wise. I guess it's just a waiting game..a scary one! ;)

Thank you all SO much for your insight and friendship. I truly appreciate it more than words can express.

Leah

Yup, had migraines for as long as I can remember. Usually for the first two to three days after an injection of Humira I have a nuisance level headache. Two or three tramadol and a fairly good sized dose of caffeine usually gets rid of it for six or eight hours.

Hi, ask your rheummy or PCP....i don't get headaches much, except that time it was from the neck. But i do get a slight headache from Remicde...I have to pre-med with benadryl, or claritin, an hour before....And i had a allergic reaction, face got scarlet, so now i get a IV drip of Solumedrol before the Remicade. This happened a few months into it.

They will monitor you, don't want to scare you.....and might give you something right there for a headache. It's a good med for me, Remicade

Thank you both! :)