Hip troubles

I love spring, I love walking my two little dogs and getting out of the house.But i'm having trouble with my hips they feel like they (pop out)of place cramping and pain set in and then I have to stop and stand still until it passes. So now I'm worried of this happening and falling that I'm not walking much yet. I'm over weight so everything is getting harder to do and I love my recliner way to much.lol Dose anyone have this problem? How do I exercise when I hurt so much each day? Thank you for this group!!!!

I wonder if starting off with physical therapy would be helpful.

Physical therapy was what I was going to suggest as well. I have dealt with something very similar, and my physical therapist decided that I have a lot of weakness in my leg muscles. Once I learned to identify that the pain and instability I felt was actually weakness, it helped me mentally and I feel hopeful that I will eventually strengthen the muscles, and therefore, walking will feel normal for me again. It goes without saying that in physical therapy, they know how to target specific muscles for strengthening and avoid damaging my joints or injuring myself, I wouldn't try to do this on my own.