Hey, Lamb.... massages good or bad?

When I first joined here, there was something posted about massages not being good for our PsA. Can you give me more info? Can't find the post. Thank you!

The third one down: http://discussion.livingwithpsoriaticarthritis.org/forum/topic/search?q=massage

The type and quality of massage is the biggy.

Thank you so much! I'll copy and save it.

I read a bit from the website lamb posted and it mentioned being careful with massage. Then I checked, and there are discussions about myofascial release. My PTs use myofascial release on me, which can be great for some pain if they know what they're doing. There are 3 different PTs at the clinic I go to. There is the papa bear guy who is very strong and rough--I get nervous when he's handling my neck and actually had to ask him to take it down a few notches! Then there's mama bear and baby bear. Mama bear has the perfect technique--I can feel that she's actually doing something. Baby bear needs more schooling on the technique because she basically just puts her hands on me and there is no hope of getting any results from my visit with her. But, I think myofascial release has some benefits if it's done mama bear's way. There might be some videos online about it.

They also use electrostimulation on me sometimes. It's worked in the past for some of my pain, but it doesn't seem to have helped my neck or SI pain lately. It's for muscle pain, and they explained to me that if the joint is irritated the muscles around it start reacting by doing whatever muscles do when they react. Of course this puts pressure on the nerve and la-de-da.

Just thought I'd share this with you--hopefully one of us will give you advice that helps!