Massage => Psoriasis Plaques?

Today was a particularly achy day for me. Thunderstorms are all around me. Since I am not on any medications yet, I have to find my own relief.

When this all began, I started to get massages every couple of weeks. I have noticed a pattern. After my massage, vesicles start to pop up within hours after the massage. Anyone else find this to happen to them also? Just curious

I have plaque psoriasis, which pops up after any skin injury. It's possible your body is counting the massage as some sort of skin irritation.

I can't get massages anymore, even with a light massage I get bruises and my enthesitis flares up terribly. Blah.

ps: sorry about the flares with the thunderstorms. Weather affects me a lot too.

enthesitis is the "hallmark" of PsA. Massage will aggravate it. Not a good idea. Manual stretching, manipulation etc that you would get from a PT or trainer is different (subtle but different)

As far as the P goes I can't comment. If I'm having a skin flairam getting overone, or feeling one coming, I would likley do serious bodily harm to anyone coming near it.

So I looked up enthesitis to understand this meaning... When you state "hallmark" of PsA, are you stating this exact presentation of pain in the joint results in diagnosis of PsA? The ligaments and tendons are inflamed. When inflammation occurs, our immune system sends too many cells to the site. The attack of the cells within the entheses are creating a compounding effect. Over time, without intervention, we will have damage. Damage equals pain, loss of function or even disability. Am I comprehending this correctly?

tntlamb said:

enthesitis is the "hallmark" of PsA. Massage will aggravate it. Not a good idea. Manual stretching, manipulation etc that you would get from a PT or trainer is different (subtle but different)

As far as the P goes I can't comment. If I'm having a skin flairam getting overone, or feeling one coming, I would likley do serious bodily harm to anyone coming near it.