Good news for a change

After two months of worry and little sleep, two ultrasounds, an endometrial biopsy and a hysteroscopy, I DO NOT HAVE cancer! I have "simple hyperplasia," which is treated with Prometrium.

Of course, I had to go off the Humira for the two weeks before and after the hysteroscopy and when my immune system figured out there was some healing to do, I went into a flare. I'm coming out of it, though. Restarted Humira last Friday; next dose on Monday.

My oncologist said I was lucky. I call it divine providence--a sign that I still have things to accomplish in this life--and a second chance I intend to take full advantage of.

A friend said the Prometrium was "heavy". I said I went through two plus years of horrible fatigue and pain before I was diagnosed with PsA, another year of near- to full-nausea when I injected methotrexate and over two years of 24/7 pain before I got my bionic arm, not to mention injecting a biologic for the last year plus. If the Prometrium gives less than that, I'm calling it good. She said I had a point.

Happy fall, y'all.

Wonderful news. You know there is couple months left in the year, you could prolly take advantage of all the deductibles, out pocket limits etc and have a few more procedures. What a year for sure........ Thanks for the update.

What great news! And you finally found a good use for your terrible experience with fatigue, MTX-induced nausea and profound pain--perspective.

What a relief, sixcat! And thanks for dropping by with the good news.

Congratulations !!!!!! :)