Feeling Blessed

I had my gallbladder removed earlier this week and had a bit of a rough time but today I am allowed to walk a little and now am sitting in a little family room down the hall. I am excited to see how much better I will do tomorrow.

Hi Easternlady, I hope you feel better soon.

Easternlady, you have been on my mind all week. I’m so glad that you are moving forward!

Be good and take all the pain meds that they will give you!

C

Ouch! Glad to hear you're on the mend and modeling such a positive attitude to boot. Nice job!!

Hi there, only just seen your post, hope you’re getting on ok.
I had the a cholecysectomy about 30 years ago, felt so much better in myself straight away. One thing no one told me was that since the op if I had anything fatty I then got very urgent bile filled stools within about an hour after ingesting the fatty food. I’ve since spoken to many others who have experienced the same, although none of the docs deemed aware of this but as I say it was a long time ago :slight_smile: Get well soon x

Hope you are still doing well - feeling blessed in that sort of situation is both a gift and often something you have to work for!

I have great admiration for your strength and hope it continues to give you peace :slight_smile:

So glad you are able to sit up a bit....had mine removed in 2012 and felt SO much better afterwards.....just be careful about adding fats back into your diet ...can be a bit tricky at first :)

It is wonderful to see so many people who truly care. My gallbladder surgery is healing nicely although a little slower than the average person due to other medical complications. I am very fortunate that so far food hasn't been a problem for my bowels, if anything they are slow to work. No worries Seenie, I am taking my meds on schedule and will not tough out pain when I have something to take. Louise I am sorry you went through such a difficult time with your bowels after the surgery, to have that happen on top of trying to recuperate is crazy. Has it gotten better after all these years or is it something you have learned to live with?

Jen, you are right, often times I have to work very hard to have a good and positive attitude. I have moments where it all gets to me and I can hardly deal with myself and I hate it. That is why I let myself have the release I need then I move on and find something positive to focus on. It takes work but after awhile it becomes second nature and I don't even realize I am doing it. I am also very blessed with an amazing family. I am still a long ways from home and when it was time for my husband and son to go back home, my sister came to be with me and another flew from another province to hang out with us

Janeatiu, Sybil and Sunshine, I wish you the very best as you continue to learn and to live with this disease. I don't have any technical advice to give to you but will say this, Listen To Your Body but don't let it rule you or your life. PsA is a disease that we all have and most times struggle to deal and live with but it doesn't define who we are and what we are.

I may not be on here as much in the future as I have embarked on a new journey with my health but any prayers you can offer will be very much appreciated. I have the highest respect and regard for this site, the people who moderate it and the members who contribute to it. God Bless you all with answers and less pain and more functionability

Praying for a speedy recovery blessings to you !!!

Just keep taking every day as it comes and keep on looking forward, wishing you better health and sending you prayers
The “biley-bum” (as it’s known in my family) is something I’ve learned to live with, and like many other things its just the way I am. :slight_smile:

Easternlady said:

It is wonderful to see so many people who truly care. My gallbladder surgery is healing nicely although a little slower than the average person due to other medical complications. I am very fortunate that so far food hasn’t been a problem for my bowels, if anything they are slow to work. No worries Seenie, I am taking my meds on schedule and will not tough out pain when I have something to take. Louise I am sorry you went through such a difficult time with your bowels after the surgery, to have that happen on top of trying to recuperate is crazy. Has it gotten better after all these years or is it something you have learned to live with?

Jen, you are right, often times I have to work very hard to have a good and positive attitude. I have moments where it all gets to me and I can hardly deal with myself and I hate it. That is why I let myself have the release I need then I move on and find something positive to focus on. It takes work but after awhile it becomes second nature and I don’t even realize I am doing it. I am also very blessed with an amazing family. I am still a long ways from home and when it was time for my husband and son to go back home, my sister came to be with me and another flew from another province to hang out with us

Janeatiu, Sybil and Sunshine, I wish you the very best as you continue to learn and to live with this disease. I don’t have any technical advice to give to you but will say this, Listen To Your Body but don’t let it rule you or your life. PsA is a disease that we all have and most times struggle to deal and live with but it doesn’t define who we are and what we are.

I may not be on here as much in the future as I have embarked on a new journey with my health but any prayers you can offer will be very much appreciated. I have the highest respect and regard for this site, the people who moderate it and the members who contribute to it. God Bless you all with answers and less pain and more functionability

My thoughts and prayers are with you Easternlady. <3