Eye arthritis

Does anyone have arthritis in their eyes? I noticed a while ago, my eyes feel like they are going to pop out of my head. I mentioned this to my rheumy but she thought it was a side effect of the steroids. Im not convinced of this. Im also experiencing some changes in my hands/fingers. They are sore and starting to well look like they are changing shape or direction. The space between my fingers are widening and my one finger is starting to overlap the other. Is this a sign of the severity of my disease? I was diagnosed in October so im really looking at changes and pretty concerned.

did the rheum tell you what kind of PsA you have? And yes you can get inflamation of the eyes . Your doctor is probably right though. I just had a kenalog shot and had burning eyes

for three days.things will work out once your meds start working .

I am newly diagnosed, I see the rheumy this week. I have only seen her 3 times. Lol, hopefully when I see her I will have some answers. I have only had one humira shot yet and steroids.

humira saved me I swear! Kenalog shot well I waited too long. Fear the disease not the meds good luck at your appt :)

Thanks Jot, hoping for the best. I have a list of questions ready. Glad to hear humira helped you.

This is interesting. I have had pain in my left eye on a regular basis for years now. What I put down to a possible headache that was behind my left eye every time, no longer seems plausible, as I also suffer from bloodshot eyes at times and floaters. I am going to get a referral from my rheumy ths weel to an opthamologist to rule in or out uveitis.

I have been through problems with my eyes, that had to be thoroughly looked into because I'm on plaquenil. I've more recently developed blepharitis, and all of my problems seem to be inflammation related. I switched meds recently to leflunomide (from MTX) and my eye doctor was thrilled with my eyes. It's the best they've looked in years! And all of my test results have improved as well.

Remember, PsA is an inflammatory disease. It can definitely impact your eyes as well. I would encourage you to see your eye doctor.