Some Progress

Ok, so I’ve been on Humira, MTX and still medrol for a few months. MTX for only a month. Ive noticed progress. Although, when my daughter gave me her cold and had a massage, i was down for the count, barely able to move for two weeks. Doc sent me for an MRI of lumbar spine, which was negative. Though i didnt believe i was having trouble with it, but ok.

Last week was a good was in work all week and still able to.get around fairly well. After all the pain subsided. I noticed my hips are giving me trouble and i still have problems with my eyes, blurred vision and feeling pressure especially at the end of the day. I dont see her again until mid-April. I would like to see an eye doctor. Do i need her to refer me or can i just go on my own?

Since diagnosis, i haven’t felt the burning in my joints but still pain. Is this common ?

I am getting a lot of relief but once my eyes hurt i have to close them, light aggravates and the pressure is very uncomfortable.

You likely don't need a referral to the eye doctor, and I would definitely encourage you to go as soon as possible. I've had a lot of inflammation related troubles in my eyes, with some minor retinal damage.

The light and pressure could be related to inflammation. . . As I'm sure you know, pretty much any part can become inflamed. When you go, make sure that you bring your medication list, etc. In the meantime, you may find that sunglasses and cold cloths over your eyes are helpful. It certainly can't hurt.

Keep us up to date on this.

Thanks Stoney. I will ask for any recommendations from her office and go. And of course, sunglasses. brain isn't working these days. Lol. The simplest of things.

It is very important to keep up with your eyes. My FIRST symptom of PsA was severe eye inflammation 5 yrs in advance of dx. You can get cataracts from steroids, uncontrolled inflammation can lead to damage as well as glaucoma, which can lead to surgery and if you're lucky it stays controlled. I lost an eye to this disease, and have a small cataract and need strong glasses for the remaining eye.

Thank you for your responses. I scheduled an appointment this Wednesday. I had to keep the television off and no lights on last night. Think it's worse than I thought. I hope not, glaucoma runs in my family so you guys scared me into getting in right away.

Let us know what happened. Usually if you make clear that this is an acute situation, they can fit you in. And if glaucoma runs in your family then you're very smart to get in. A neighbor of mine just lost a lot of her vision in one eye due to glaucoma, and she was being monitored. It just suddenly changed in one eye.

Update went to eye doctor, not inflammation. I have dry eyes and the glands on my eye lids are irritated. Relieved as I don't need glasses and can be remedied with eye drops. Also, made reference to the medication, which he stated can "play tricks on the eyes"

Thanks for encouraging a visit. He says see him every 8-10 months.

Good to hear that you got checked out, and it's nothing serious. Just a heads up though. . . Inflammation can cause chronic dry eye, which I now have. What type of drops did he give you? I started out with moistening type drops, but wound up starting restasis about a month ago, when things were just way too out of control.

Hi Stoney,

He gave me lubricant eye drops and wipes to clean off my eyelids. He did check my eyes, optic nerve and video taped it. The process was fascinating to me as everything was high tech instruments.

Stoney said:

Good to hear that you got checked out, and it's nothing serious. Just a heads up though. . . Inflammation can cause chronic dry eye, which I now have. What type of drops did he give you? I started out with moistening type drops, but wound up starting restasis about a month ago, when things were just way too out of control.