Exercise and PsA

I was wondering, i work 40 hrs or more a week. Pa gets me really tired and i dont feel like myself. I dont ride my horses or work in my flower beds. Would B-12 help me with energy loss. I need a pick me up really bad. I feel so drained. And then i feel guilty because i didnt accomplish anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Shannon,

It may help, talk to your doc about the type, pill, sublingual or shot. Make sure to clear it with him, some meds don't mix well with many things. A good pharmaceutical grade multi should help too, but clear it with Doc. They can give you an idea of the daily allowances too, to keep a good balance. Mine ran a blood test to see if I was missing a vitamin or mineral.

As far as exercise, the best thing for me is to walk, I walk the yard every evening, it keeps my back (SI joints) from stiffening and locking up on me.

Hope this helps!

I found swimming lifted the fatigue. My rheumatologist says that exercise is vital to fight the fatigue that goes with PsA.

Get on your horses if only just a little bit! The riding will be therapeutic for both you and your horses. And like Gwynneth and SK pointed out, exercise can help to combat the physical and mental fatigue.

The hardest is starting...... You enjoy it once you get going. Hopefully someone is riding your horses. They get depressed too when not working. The dental bills can be horrible if they start chewing

I found acupuncture and the Chinese Herbs my acupuncturist gave me to help a lot with my horrendously low energy levels. Exercise is great, those endorphins are fantastic, and they are great while they last, but for me are short lived. Good luck!! And let us know how you are doing!!

tntlamb said:

The hardest is starting...... You enjoy it once you get going. Hopefully someone is riding your horses. They get depressed too when not working. The dental bills can be horrible if they start chewing

. You know i never thought of it that. He's like my giant dog. I raised him from a colt. And he is ten now. He's a beautiful blood bay with three white socks and a star. I love him dearly. I also have a half arab filly. Gonna start training her. She A year old. Thanks for that comment. That helped.

Hi Shannon

I have the same problem, and I haven't been out to the barn either. I know how hard it is. Makes me feel guilty and even guilty towards myself, cause I know I'd feel better if I could just be active with the horses.

I used to have an Appy that sounds like your ten-year old. He was my best friend ever, with only my husband better than him.

You know what I always found the best thing to do? Go straight to the barn right after work. Don't go home, even to change. Even if I felt too exhausted to get out of the car, sometimes I'd just stop for a minute at the barn, put my head back for a few minutes, then walk into the barn. Once I got moving, visiting with my horse, grooming, and being back in the routine, the energy started to flow. Truly, it made a huge difference. And my horse always made me laugh, which is the best thing for us.

Also, check out adrenal exhaustion on the internet. Lots of times, people under stress physically like us, have adrenal exhaustion and need to do something about it. I was told my adrenals were incredibly low, and I've been taking ashwaghanda, which boosts the adrenals. I think it's starting to help.

You're not alone... so many of us are having the same kind of issues. It's sad when we don't have the energy to do what makes us so happy.

Good luck, and give your horses some treats for me.

Nancy