Stress and PSA

I am new to PSA and strugglong physically and emotionally. My first question is does stress affect PSA? I am in a rut since current (arava) and past treatments have not worked and just feel like i am never going to have relief. And on top of that i am having a very difficult time dealing with how to allow myself to slow down. I put pressure on myself to do all the things i have done fpr all the past years as supermom....lol . This disease sucks. If ypu DONT get up and move you DO hurt and if you DO get up and move youSTILL hurt. Wth? Where is the common ground here with this PSA stuff? I am so frustrated!

Hey supermom, glad you found this section. I've given my twopenny-worth already so I'll butt out and let others reply. But .... you will still be supermom, even if a slower version.

Lol thaks and i hope so!

Hi!

I'm sure Sybil has given your her usual wonderful insight....she is awesome :)

For my 2 cents....it is a vicious cycle...you have to cut yourself some slack....I know, hard to do! You have to give yourself permission to let yourself heal...do a bit less for a few days and not stress over it and then do a bit more on other days when you are feeling better :) And yes, it sucks!

Omg, you're me! Except that I got lucky and Enbrel, my first biologic, worked for me--I've been on it a year now. And, I guess you're all of us, because I'm sure most everyone would describe their life just like you describe yours. I hated it! I often think of all the horrible pain I had and I couldn't really explain it to anybody because they didn't believe me--why would they--I'd been super grandma for 10 years by last year when I finally gave up and agreed to take Enbrel.

There are certain things I do every day that remind me of how painful it used to be--like pulling the cord to roll up our levilour blinds, or twisting a bottle cap, or--this is a biggie--rolling over in bed at night or worse yet, getting out of bed in the morning!

There's still some amount of pain, but my life is hugely improved. I sure hope, Layla, you can tell a positive story about feeling better in the very near future. Don't give up!