Younger folks who suffer with both Fibro and PsA

Hello All! I am so happy to finally find a group of people who have similar experience to me! I was first diagnosed with Fibro about 5 years ago. The back, neck, and leg pain on a daily basis was unbearable. I would wake up some days feeling like I had literally been mauled by a bus overnight. Fortunately, I haven't had a bad flare like that in a few months. Fibro was the reason I first met my Rheumy. Once she got the deep muscle pain relatively under control, there seemed to be some lingering different pain. We have tried soooo many Rx NSAIDs without much relief. Finally, in July of this year, I was diagnosed with PsA and started on Enbrel injections. This has made a HUGE difference. I have been injecting now for 6 weeks (as of today) and I am so much happier, and in so much less pain. I shudder to think of going back to that place of misery. I am only 28, which <everyone loves to tell me> is "too young" to have either of these conditions. I would love to connect with some younger folks who I can share experiences and exchange thoughts and feedback with.

Hello and welcome. I am 33. So a bit older but still "young" for PsA. It has effected my life, my dreams, my plans but not so much that I am regretful or unhappy. You have to find your balance with this "new you". Glad the Enbrel is working. I have been on Enbrel for 6 months now. I am doing better but still have a ways to go.

So nice to meet you! Have you noticed any periods of profuse sweating, that come out of literally no where, since you started on the Enbrel?

Medic_chick, I did. Told my Rheumy about it and he said it was normal but it watch it. You might call your docs office and let them know, or mention it at your next visit. Sometimes sweats can be caused from something else.

i am 27 and i have AS and fibromyalgia.I was kindly approved to become a member of this community