Hi everyone, very fresh newbie here. Diagnosed with PsA as of Thursday!

Hi everyone! Im a 39 year old mom of two, I am currently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis, and Psoriatic Arthritis. I was diagnosed with Psoriasis around 1985. I didnt start feeling the stiffness and pain until I was pregnant with my first daughter in 2002, and got a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia in March 2016, and a diagnosis of PsA June 2018. The other day I was at my Rheum appointment for a Fibromyalgia recheck, and he noticed my elbow patches and stated that he thinks that not only do I have Fibro, but he is pretty sure I have PsA. I dont have the classic “sausage” fingers or toes, but I have pretty much everything else.

Well, he gave me pamphlets on Enbrel and Humira to read up on and an appointment in 6 weeks for my first injection. Im not worried really about the shots, I currently donate plasma and needles never bother me. I worry about being able to give it to myself however.
I am happy to have found a site full of people just like me!

2 Likes

Hello Dilbitz and welcome!

It’s a sunny day so I’m seeing the positives straight away … could be that much that has been attributed to fibro might indeed be due to PsA. So that would mean starting treatment could lead to feeling A Whole Lot Better than you have done in years. Oh, I so hope that is your experience.

Don’t worry about the needles. The auto injector obviously does the job for you, pretty much. And if you opt for pre-filled syringes the needle is super-skinny, much thinner than the plasma needles I should think. I can honestly say I don’t usually feel it in my tummy fat.

We’re happy you’ve found us too! As a group, we have way too much experience with PsA and might as well do something constructive with it. So any questions, ask away!

That’s exactly what I was thinking, Sybil! Many of my symptoms seemed like fibro symptoms, but when I went on Enbrel, all of those symptoms were resolved…I sometimes wonder how many people are misdiagnosed with fibro!

Welcome, Dilbitz. I’m another one who would say that PsA pre-empts the fibromyalgia diagnosis.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in the 1980s. I think it was the best the rheumatologist could do since I have never had much skin involvement and my symptoms, except pain and fatigue, came and went at that time. I was finally diagnosed with PsA in 2012 and eventually asked my rheumatologist if I could drop the fibromyalgia diagnosis. She said, yes, that the PsA explains everything.