Enbrel side effect - very itchy

Ive just taken my first dose of Enbrel (yay!). Now I’m itchy all over (3 hous later). No visible rash, just itchy. Could be a coincidence. No injection site reaction at all that I can see (ironically the only spot that’s not itchy).

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, found a way to minimize it? Just annoying enough to interfere with me drifting off to sleep…

My rhuemy told me to take benedril before my injection and for a few days after.
Although my reactions got worse and I had to stop using it, she said most peoples reactions get less over time.
Hope you dont itch for to long

Hi ocustamp,

Thanks very much - I’m going to try that next week, as I take it just before bed so the drowsies will be fine :slight_smile: My Rhuemy is not terribly talkative, so he didn’t mention it.

The itching was gone by about 9 this morning…, and boy the results were worth it! :slight_smile:

JenAus, what are you saying? You’re seeing results already? Within 24 hours? WOOOOO HOOOO FOR YOU!

That’s what I’m saying Seenie - so exciting! I’ll put up a proper post on the weekend when I have time, but wow, it’s like winning the lottery!

Maybe you picked up some weird skin parasite in Africa that makes you itch and you haven't noticed because of the PsA............

Now you have go to Johannesburg to the Jungle Medicine Center and get painted with some purple gunk to get rid of it..... And while ther drop ship some Constantia to all your Living with PsA friends (they have been making it for some 400 years so it should be good.....

Anyway looking forward to your update....