Enbrel and Methetrexate together...Do you take them the same day?

I am currently taking MTX and Enbrel. I am curious if others take them the same day or on different days of the week?

I take my biologic on a different day, but only because that's how I started them. I don't know if that's how it should be done.

rosen said:

I take my biologic on a different day, but only because that's how I started them. I don't know if that's how it should be done.

Nobody has ever mentioned taking them together or on different days. Like Rosen, I started my biologic on a different day and it has been bio on Friay, mtx on Sunday. Never thought about it, really.

I asked my smart, up-to-date (as opposed to a couple of others I've had!) rheumatologist about this. She said it doesn't matter one bit- do whatever's easiest for you.

I always chose to do them the same day. Mxt always seemed to hit me the hardest (nausea, flu like achiness, fatigue) and Enbrel and Humira just caused significant fatigue. I think it depends significantly on lifestyle. I would take both meds while my husband was available on the weekends to care fir the kids. Good luck!

I was taking them a day apart, so I felt crappy for a longer period. This time I took them both on the same day, three days ago. I felt even crappier the day after, but today I am feeling better. So, the choice is feel really bad the day after, but feel bad less days of the week...if that makes sense!

It makes sense to me!