Cracked and painful skin on hands

Ok. My hands are cracked and very raw. I have deep cracks. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for my hands at work. At home I ice them and I keep a cold compress in the freezer. I have a multitude of creams, lotions and topical steroids. But I am in need of sometime for work. What I have been doing is not working. Band aids and creams. It is so raw and sore. Help

I have painful cracks on the tips of my fingers, mostly on my thumbs. I’ve wondered if this is related to psoriasis. Yikes, they hurt. Is that the kind of thing you have? I too have lotions and creams, but I find the only thing that helps is a dab of antibiotic ointment (vaseline type) and a bandaid for about 3 days. A nuisance, and I don’t know how you’d do that at work. Gloves full time? I don’t know.

When my hand dry and crack I use Aquaphor with cotton gloves at night. Aquaphor is like a Vaseline but it is medicated for heal of dry, cracked and irritated skin. Sorry about the commercial but it works.

I do the same thing. My P is almost exclusively on my hands, so I do this with Aquaphor and cortisone ointments.

What is most important is to soak your hands in warm water for at least five minutes to soften the skin and get some moisture in (or do it after a shower). Pat dry, THEN apply Aquaphor / ointments and wear cotton gloves all night. If your skin is that severe, the moisture prior to treatment is the critical part that will make the difference.

It's the same method Mayo clinic uses for psoriasis treatment on hands.

Also, Aquaphor / ointment plus a band aid all day really helps keep the cracks from worsening. If the cracks are around a joint, the band aid will help keep the joint from bending all the way which can help keep the crack from opening, letting it heal a little.

Not Understood said:

When my hand dry and crack I use Aquaphor with cotton gloves at night. Aquaphor is like a Vaseline but it is medicated for heal of dry, cracked and irritated skin. Sorry about the commercial but it works.

I, too, have cracks on fingertips. Painful! As answered above, Aquaphor at night with gloves and during the day Neosporin plus pain with band aids help. Moisturizer after washing helps, too.

I have fingertip psoriasis and pustular psoriasis on my hands. Humira injections have made it all go away. Before I started the injections I would use Neosporin applied liberally under and around my fingernails. Neosporin also has lotion and body wash that I use. That is what worked for me. I hope you find something that helps. :)

I do have creams, steroids and ointments that I rotate and use cotton gloves at night. I am looking for more of something to cover/protect while at work. I am thinking maybe something like a glove. Maybe like a burn glove? Bandaids do not stick well and the amount I have to use is crazy. I wish I had stock in band aids. I have tried skin glue- it cracks again. I have tried second skin. No help. Any one wear gloves not for the joints but for skin protection/coverage?