Palms are the worst

I haven’t even been officially diagnosed yet but I’m pretty certain I havw psa. So far the pain and itch in my palms is the worst, but my joints are getting worse. Have the ‘rash’ behind one ear, on one elbow, and on one foot also - with what seems to be a limpy toe that has stopped working.
What do people do to helo your palma not peel or itch/ache so bad?

I use cortisone ointments prescribed by my Dr. on tough psoriasis patches (the tops of my fingers are the worst). So, I don't have a large area to cover. Also, Aquaphor is a Vaseline-like ointment which is just for moisturizing, and it really helps keep things from cracking / peeling / being super painful / itchy. I buy it at the drugstore. Anytime I get my hands wet, I slather some on.

Aquaphor works great for everything, my husband uses it for chafing from running, my kids use it on dry elbows or around their noses when they have a cold, I even put it on mild burns or scrapes.

Can you get diagnosed?

Palms is one place that my P first showed up. They itched like mad. I would wake up clawing at them. The broken skin took a while to show itself, but has rarely been gone since then. I don’t let it get to the point where they are bleeding though. That was summer of 2009. My doctor prescribed a strong cream that works. I will get back with you with the name as it is night now and I don’t want to turn on the light and wake my hubby. I hate it when I wake in the night with pain and can’t get back to sleep. However, I am great full that I have this board to read and share with during those times.

HI, sorry your having problems with your palms I too have it on my palms and soles of my feet. I use clobex spray that works wonders with mine and I take methotrexate and humira. But nothing worked prior to the clobex, right now it is gone on my palms so it works well for me. Good luck!

Before you do any meds, please get a diagnosis from two (2) different doctors. That way, you don't end up using medicines that could exacerbate the current problem, worsening it. Probably the safest form of treatment would be put your itch on some ice. But please get to the doctor first and fast. Your doc should be able to prescribe you some oral itch pills such as hydroxezine or doxepin.

Good luck.

I also have it on my palms, tips of my fingers, feet and tips of my toes. Clobex, Betamethasone and Aquaphor are the only things that bring any relief. When they get really bad, I combine the Beta and Aquaphor and then put white cotton gloves on (only around the house). It does provide some relief. The dr. suggested I sleep like that but I have found that giving my hands some air helps a little. I am also on Humeria and Celcept which is only keeping it at bay not eradicating it and don't want to go to the next step the dr. mentioned which is remicade. Wear gloves when washing dishes or putting your hands in any kind of detergent. Don't expose them to any harsh chemicals and the only soap I found my skin will now tolerate is Dove for sensitive skin. Talk about feeling old! Hang in there.