Cosentyx side effects - loading dose stage

Hi, Everybody!

I took my first shot last Wednesday and am supposed to take next one tomorrow. 150 mg loading dose for 5 weeks. 2 days ago i woke up more depressed than I have been in a long time. Yesterday I barely got out of bed. Super tired and really didn’t give a crap about anything. Today I woke up with lil upper chest scratchiness but it went away before i even got out of bed. the problem is diarrhea, headache, feeling tired and just sick all over with no appetite but feeling like i need nutrition. No fever or allergic reactions.

I called norvartis but they weren’t any help. Left message for rheumy but no response. Have any of you had these “common” side effects as they call them. I am wondering does it get worse as i take more of the loading doses or is this as bad as it gets while i am just adjusting. I used to get a little cold sometimes when I took my stelara, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this is just adjusting, but I wanted to ask you all first.

1 Like

Cosentyx makes me tired for a day or too after taking it. But it’s a nice tired as in just sleepy. Other people report it as too exhausted. As I went through the loading doses (my dose was started at 300mgs so two pens) I simply felt better and better and better. I would just push on for now and give it a chance. All these biologics are serious meds really and our bodies do take time to adjust to them. I never got diarrhoea though or a headache. But remember the stress of taking a new med can cause both of these on its own. Best of luck.

1 Like

Hi again. I am almost over the “cold” symptoms, headaches continue but bathroom problems resolved. They specifically mentioned that if I have cold sores they might come out. My cold sores come out any time I am stressed which is almost always so they are here a lot. And they did come out, really bad. I use abreva and one called reliev, I’ve tried peppermint oil and topical lysine and even lysine tablets. Anyone else have cold sores and found a treatment that works?

1 Like

My cosentyx always wipes me out for a day or two with temporary increased pain. Then good to go! Hang in there. Hope you have good response to it.

1 Like