Condensation on injection sight

I just gave myself my 9th Humira injection and there was a clear liquid on my skin when I lifted the pen. I always warm the pen up for 15 mins. Before I inject which could possibly cause condensation to form so I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I had a dot of blood on my thigh so I know I punctured myself…oh yeah, ouch too. Thanx in advance!

I do Enbrel with the pen sometimes I will leave a small dot. Oh, it feels much better in the stomach

Karen

Sometimes a little leaks out of the injection site. Its not uncommon. How are you doing with the Humira? We have missed you.........

I can confirm what lamb has already said. I have done over 100 humira injections with the pens. I have called the help line a time or two. I was specifically told by the help line that it is not unusual for a drop or two to leak. I found that if I make sure to pull the caps off straight, no twisting, I didn't tend to notice any drops. But when I was not so careful there was sometimes a drop or two.

The written instructions also state "You may see a few drops of liquid come out of the needle. This is normal"

The humira help line is 24/7 1(800) 4-HUMIRA.

I hope you are getting relief with the humira. Good luck!

Thanks Karen…now I’m on Cimzia now. Just nothing is working for me.

Karen said:

I do Enbrel with the pen sometimes I will leave a small dot. Oh, it feels much better in the stomach

Karen

Thanks, missed y’all too. No good news with the Embrel or Humera so now I’m on Cimzia. I’ve had two loading doses and nothing good to report yet. I’ve read that some of us are doing doubles and it seems to be working for them. I guess my Rheumy just sin’ being aggressive enough. Hope you are doing well. By the way, I like the shots much better with syringe, wierd. Lol. Do well.

tntlamb said:

Sometimes a little leaks out of the injection site. Its not uncommon. How are you doing with the Humira? We have missed you…

Golfette said:
Thanks, missed y'all too. No good news with the Embrel or Humera so now I'm on Cimzia. I've had two loading doses and nothing good to report yet. I've read that some of us are doing doubles and it seems to be working for them. I guess my Rheumy just sin' being aggressive enough. Hope you are doing well. By the way, I like the shots much better with syringe, wierd. Lol. Do well.

tntlamb said:

Sometimes a little leaks out of the injection site. Its not uncommon. How are you doing with the Humira? We have missed you.........

When I was injecting MTX, I injected in my stomach and yes I occasionally had some of the med come out of the injection site.