Children and the dreaded school bugs

Flu shots for all check

Pnemonia shot for mom check

lysol everything and wiping down everything

washing pillow cases

hand washing and hand sanitizer check

kids come home from school with a post nasal cough and inform me that kids are out due to fevers and such.

anything else I forgot...Moving out for the whole winter is not an option

Prayer is always a good option......

I always made my kids wash their hands when they came home from school. I am sending prayers and hugs to you.

This cracks me up! I hand wash all the time & bring hand sanitizer around town. Can’t trust my kids to wash hands despite reminders (there’s always a finger in a nose, ya know?).

But my annual downfall is Halloween - despite my best intentions I end up helping at the school carnival and I touch 350 kids - nothing can sanitize that. Ohhhh the bugs I get there, I cannot describe, swine flu comes to mind.

So… To be practical … Can you avoid touching the big crowds of kids? Last year I was the photog at the carnival - way less touching bac both hands on camera - and I could still be in the fun -

The problem is you can’t just avoid sick people since they’re most contagious before they show any symptoms of a cold type virus.

I am no longer a teacher and my children no longer need help with their school parties, too cool to have mom around the school. I am a basketball coach, which will be fun, and I have lots of adult helpers that will be touching the ball not me. I will be the one in the scooter. But when my youngest came home with this little bit of information, I just shrugged and said "what now".

RB said:

This cracks me up! I hand wash all the time & bring hand sanitizer around town. Can't trust my kids to wash hands despite reminders (there's always a finger in a nose, ya know?).

But my annual downfall is Halloween - despite my best intentions I end up helping at the school carnival and I touch 350 kids - nothing can sanitize that. Ohhhh the bugs I get there, I cannot describe, swine flu comes to mind.

So... To be practical ... Can you avoid touching the big crowds of kids? Last year I was the photog at the carnival - way less touching bac both hands on camera - and I could still be in the fun -

The problem is you can't just avoid sick people since they're most contagious before they show any symptoms of a cold type virus.

We change our hand towels, dish cloths and dish towels every day...Oh- and when there is vomiting in the home- we use paper towels instead of towels... and this year I will be wearing a mask/gloves when cleaning up the vomit ;) Daddy's are great- but cleaning up vomit is not one of my husbands "strong" points. LOL!!!

I can't wash my hands very much, as it is the main place I have plaque psoriasis.

Some years I get sick a lot, some not at all. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Some years I get a flu shot, some years I don't. And I've been on biologics for 11 yrs.

What I do know is that when I get sick it is incredibly miserable, way more miserable than the spouse or kids have it. When I get better, I get a post-sickness flare as all that delightful germ killing energy gets focused back onto my healthy tissues. Ugh.

I take Emergen C and a probiotic for immune strength every day, and considering how much my daughter brings home from school, it has worked pretty well so far :slight_smile: