Bone shift?

I woke up to a surprise this morning. My right hand near by thumb bone looks like it shifted over night. Could I be imagining it? Anyone else have thins?

oh yes, my joints in certain spots feel like they are separating. Mostly I can feel it. One finger looks like it's twisting. One thumb cracks often and feels like it's all out of place. A terrible feeling. It's been freaking me out actually.

I'm only on about 10 weeks of my newest meds. I'm really not sure how long to give it. Some days I have to keep myself from going into a panic over this. It's scary to think what's happening to my hands.

You're likely not imagining it, but it may not be a bone shift. It seems more likely it is very inflamed. This can definitely make things look deformed, especially with small joints. You may want to consider splinting for support for the moment, and get it checked out on Monday. In the meantime, try ice and rest.

I have had similar 'deformities". I think what it is is tendons. Sometimes I can see it and sometimes I can feel it. I always expect it to hurt worse than it does as it looks so odd. Usually, for me, it is accompanied with an achey burn type pain but nothing big. I splint it, sometimes with Salonpas on it, and rest it. It usually resolves. Do you have an appointment coming up? If not I would give a call on Monday. It isn't where the cat scratched you is it?

My hands do the same thing, like everyone else is describing. If they are really inflamed they DO appear deformed. Once the inflammation fades, so do the joint anomalies.

Michael brings up a good point. If its the same hand as the cat scratch, you could be having an inflammatory response to that, making your hands look about of whack.

No the cat scratched the other hand. Looking morse “normal” now. Who knows why?

GrumpyCat said:

My hands do the same thing, like everyone else is describing. If they are really inflamed they DO appear deformed. Once the inflammation fades, so do the joint anomalies.

Michael brings up a good point. If its the same hand as the cat scratch, you could be having an inflammatory response to that, making your hands look about of whack.