Anniversary Gratitude

On logging in today I saw a little birthday cake by by name which, when I hovered over it, gave me the message that today is the anniversary of my joining Ben’s Friends. It has been 5 years.

Here’s a quick note to all of the Ben’s Friends moderators and members who have helped me out through the years. All of those patient posts reassuring me that I wasn’t nuts, that I would feel better, and that my life wasn’t over because of PsA.

It’s a tremendous feeling to have a place to turn when you’re so sad, frustrated, desperate, and also on the days you feel great or get good news.

I’m so indebted to @Seenie for her gentle cajoling and for suggesting a Montreal meet-up, to @tntlamb for his straight talk and massive brain, to @Stoney for answering a chat (that she might not even remember) one morning when I was particularly low and she was getting her daughter ready for the school bus. And to @michael_in_vermont whose friendship led to her graciously inviting my partner and I to her home where she officiated our wedding.

My life is more complicated with PsA. But my life is so much richer, too, for having all of you in it. See you in the threads!

5 Likes

That’s so sweet! Happy anniversary!

I think I’ve been here for 4 years now, thereabouts.

Your post and message is awesome. It is these things that restore my faith in humanity–particularly hard in this day and age.

1 Like