A Rib Cracking Good Time - And Update

Well it's that time again, final exams!

I am so looking forward to this school year ending, and having a bit of time to rest and recuperate.

This semester hasn't been as bad pain ways as past semesters (or maybe I am coping with pain better?), but I have been so fatigued beyond belief. My extreme exhaustion has made it pretty hard to even go to classes and pay attention. But I've been pushing through, and I'm almost done! I'm pretty proud of myself that I haven't given up. If I was in this situation 5 or 10 years ago, I don't think I could have managed. I'm a lot stronger and a whole lot wiser, and this disease has played a part in my personal growth.

Since I last posted a blog entry, some progress has been made in my care. I was diagnosed through a rheumatologist and have started on Celebrex. As some of you may have read, I started having panic attacks after taking Celebrex. Luckily those have subsided (was it from the Celebrex or was it from having a definite diagnosis?). What isn't so lucky is I don't feel like Celebrex is helping that much.

I've started having issues with my left knee, it has been sore and, what I would describe as, collapses on me. I will be walking and all of a sudden I can't put any weight on it. My hips have been very stiff as well, i've been hobbling around after sitting for awhile. This is on top of my usual back neck and hand issues. But... there is one more thing that's been happening. My sternum (or the general area) has been popping lately.

I notice it the most while I'm sitting on the bus, anytime I even as much as move my chest a teeny tiny bit it pops. It's not so much sore, but it feels really gross. Almost makes me feel sick... Blahhh.

Hopefully I make it to get my TB skin test soon so I can start Biologics. My next rheumatoid appointment is on the 29th of this month. Funny how it took so long to get in and now that I've been in, I've had three scheduled appointments in the span of two months. hehe.

Well that is all for now in regards for an update. I've been as active as my body will allow these days and just keeping a more positive outlook in general. What else can I do? I refuse to stop living.

-WestCoastMeg

Finally, Meg, you are on a roll. I do think you are pulling out of The Gap! Yes, it’s funny, isn’t it, how you can go so long with no progress and then suddenly you knock on the right door and bam bam bam, it all starts to happen. I’m glad you persevered and pushed through the rough times!
Good luck on those exams!