Rib Involvement

How many other people have rib cage involvement? Mine has been really bothering me lately. I see my rheumy tomorrow but I was hoping to find out how others deal with it.

Thank you

A couple of weeks ago, I had acute pain flare up in my ribs. Pain killers wouldn't even touch it. My GP advised topical use of Ibuprofen. I did slap this on very liberally, partly because I wasn't taking any other NSAIDs and partly because I was going away in a couple of days time and keen to feel better. It did seem to do the trick and the acute pain receded after about 3 days. I'm still getting some minor twinges, but nothing like it was. I used the Ibuprofen gel for about a week.

ME! I take a prescribed NSAID when it flares up. As of right now it does the trick.

I’m sorry, its truly horrible, isn’t it?

I found PT (or if you like my personal trainer addressing that particular issue) far Mir effective than NSAIDs and the rest at the start - now a bit further in, I also find the deep breathing exercises from both yoga and meditation critical to keep it at bay … The cool thing is that my yoga and meditation is so lovely and uplifting - not exactly bad medicine!

I’m on celebrex right now but I’m not sure if it does anything for me.

It’s not super painful though, I’m not going to spot the celebrex anytime soon though so maybe it is helping. The worst thig for me is the popping. My ribs crack all the time. If I’m doing something, it can be every few seconds! Yuck!!!

I’m going away after my appointment today. Staying in a cabin in the woods for a few nights, no wifi so it will be a good time to unplug. Brining my yoga mat too :wink:

Ohm!

My sternum several flares-horrible-costocondritis. I had mine injected by the radiologist twice and it was much much better. I would not hesitate to do it again.

I've had it off and on over the years. I thought it was due to pulled muscles at work but it just randomly happens...chest, ribs, neck....I've had it a few times the past year but it never lasts more then a few days and is more of a nuisance then anything for me.

Yes it is a nuisance. I get muscle spasms when I try to do a anything that is any bit of a twist with my body or when I try to pick t things up. My sternum has been very painful at times. But it goes away. Back when I had chiropractic adjustments he would have to put my ribs back in place everytime I went there. They never stayed in place. Now that i don’t go to a chiropractor, it fixes itself eventually, I think! My neck is a bother too. Yoga was/is helpful.