A place in the sun?

The sun was shining today, full of yummy warmth...somehow makes everything feel that much more manageable. Certainly helps reunards. 2nd month of spring in Australia and finally after 5 months some joy at both the warmth and my joints.

I wonder at times what sort of climate might work best for PsA. Has anyone else got information about best climates? Warm, hot, cold, humid dry, ???

I've pondered this before and although many people seem to have a best time of year, I don't think it makes much difference to me. But I love summer though unfortunately I didn't see much of it this time around in the UK, I must have blinked while it was here.

Despite my envy I'm really pleased that summer's arrive in Australia and that it is making a difference to how you feel.

Let me put it this way, it's not the cold, damp Kentucky weather of the last two days (and the several days to come). I was in the very cold clerk's office of the Kentucky Supreme Court yesterday from 8:30 until close to noon. By the time I walked out, I was in pain. I still wasn't warm--and still hurt--when I left my office at 6:30 yesterday evening. I finally quit after I took a warm shower, watched the game under two blankets and then went to bed with two blankets and a heating pad on my right shoulder.

I do pretty well most all year (FINALLY!) but geez, changing seasons in the fall and again in the spring flat hurts. I also began to realize last year that I MUST keep my arms and shoulders warm from about this time of year until sometime in May--and sometimes even in the Kentucky hot, humid summer, if I'm in a place with really cold air conditioning, I need a light cotton sweater.

We WILL be getting a new electric blanket this weekend.

I think it really depends on the person. I absolutely love the cold weather! I have a great deal more of the soft tissue swelling in the summer. My knees, hips, and back are also relentless when I am warm. My rheumy laughs and tells me that I am backwards. Today the high in Atlanta is around 60. It is chilly, rainy and I am loving it. When the seasons start to change, however, the pain picks up for me then as well. Glad to hear that you are felling better as the warmer weather comes in. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I know what you mean Tirezza about soft tissue swelling...this got worse for me last summer. Sounds like it might depend on the person...I do wonder though whether I should try it. Logistically and emotionally this would be hard - family, friends, jobs. Off to Sydney today for a swim in the ocean...sorry you guys are in autumn :-( unless it helps in which case I am glad ;-)