A new phobia - just what I need

Well, I found out I have a new fear that is associated with PsA. I was suffering from cramps today and the thing that works best for me is to soak in a hot tub. I have avoided it since we moved into this house as the tub is small and I am leary of being able to get out of it. Today, I wasn't feeling well and thought it would be a good thing to help me. Apparently my fear of getting stuck in the tub has become a phobia as I could not get myself to get in it. I sat on the edge of the tub with my feet in it for about 20 minutes before I abandoned the idea. Ideally, I would like to have a sit down tub installed in that bedroom but it is quite expensive and since I am more than able to shower in the other bath room, I haven't pursued the idea. I don't think hubby would go for it anyway and since the place is technically not mine, I would loose a lot of money if I invested in it and then was forced to leave. I hate having to make decisions with that in mind but I really have no choice. If I had my way, we would get a lap pool (small pool with flowing water - a swimming treadmill type thing) and it would be heated up nice, some can even be treated like a hot tub. Ahhh yes, that would be soooo nice.

I know just what you mean. I found it very hard to get out of tub on many occasions. Atleast with the bed or couch I can roll "gracefully" off onto my knees. Then getting up is as easy as it gets. I need one of those soaker tubs or a jacuzzi!

Our anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks, maybe I will suggest we go some where for a day and my main consideration for a motel will be a hot tub :)

I've actually used a La Bassine birth pool to soak in on days I'm desperate to immerse myself in nice hot water. It's an inflatable pool, so can be put away when not in use and is not a permanent fixture (or you can stand it against a wall in between uses). It does hold a LOT of water, so I don't use it too often. The floor of the pool in inflated, so soft and cushy, the inflated walls of the pool are strong enough to sit on, and there are handles in the pool to help you pull yourself up. We use a "Python No-Spill" (used to fill/empty large aquariums) to fill and empty the pool.

Well, spring break is here and we are going to get away for a day so my hot tub dreams will be coming true. Rhumy appointment on Friday so we'll just be staying overnight but I'm still looking forward to it.