Hot tub recommendations?

I used to go to water aerobics and loved being in the water. Now it hurts to move and I am exhausted when I get home from work. Thinking maybe a hot tub that allows room & equipment to exercise would help me get moving again. Does anyone have a hot tub and what brand or model do you like?

Thanks for any feedback. Hope everyone will have a meaningful Memorial Day weekend!

Well you need to drop janeatiu a line and ask what she got last year. I toyed with the idea of a deep warm water therapy pool for a bit – there’s only one on the market, I believe. The stumbling block for me was the cost. I have found that warm water exercise is the best thing of all for me.

I wonder if you’re talking about the Water Well from Endless Pools? It sounds perfect, but yes, pricey! I am in the “gap” you talk about, and not feeling well at all. I need to keep working though, so I’m trying to figure out how best to cope with all of this. I swear I feel worse since I started the MTX. Just took my 4th weekly dose today. I’m glad this board is here! I’ve been reading & learning a lot from the folks who post here. Thanks for your reply, Seenie.

Hi! We went with a regular hot tub not a therapy tub. I would have loved the one at PT with the treadmill and jets for water massage but I’m not independently wealthy! We went with a tub from Royal Spa which is conveniently located 50 miles away. We climbed in and out of empty tubs in the showroom to find one that best suited our frames. We ended up with one that seats six (six very friendly people or two people who move around a lot). I love it as one seat has neck jets as an extra feature. Another seat has hip jets. They all have excellent lumbar jets and the master jet can be boosted for specific therapy for tender spots that need work (like the hose jets at PT but without the hose). My doc recommended the purchase.

We use it all four seasons, in snow and frost and in the summer (when we turn it down a little). It is pretty easy to maintain and instead of using a bromide or chlorine bobber and always getting into stinky chlorine water we clean it after use so we never sit in chlorine (which bothers my skin).

It really helps my joints although some mornings I am slow getting going and don’t leave enough time for a quick soak. But that is an organizational issue for a different post…

We have a Jacuzzi Hot Tub and love it! We purchased ours about 8 years ago :-) Since we have no swimming pool on the Island it has allowed me to exercise joints during times when my mobility is limited, while also providing temporary relief in aching joints.

I'm not sure whether it's a state (I'm in Texas) or a federal law, but when I bought a hot tub about 15 yrs ago, I didn't have to pay any sales tax because I had a prescription for the hot tub from my doctor (had chronic back pain).

Just a suggestion...Check it out.

janeatiu said:
Hi! We went with a regular hot tub not a therapy tub. I would have loved the one at PT with the treadmill and jets for water massage but I'm not independently wealthy! We went with a tub from Royal Spa which is conveniently located 50 miles away. We climbed in and out of empty tubs in the showroom to find one that best suited our frames. We ended up with one that seats six (six very friendly people or two people who move around a lot). I love it as one seat has neck jets as an extra feature. Another seat has hip jets. They all have excellent lumbar jets and the master jet can be boosted for specific therapy for tender spots that need work (like the hose jets at PT but without the hose). My doc recommended the purchase.

We use it all four seasons, in snow and frost and in the summer (when we turn it down a little). It is pretty easy to maintain and instead of using a bromide or chlorine bobber and always getting into stinky chlorine water we clean it after use so we never sit in chlorine (which bothers my skin).

It really helps my joints although some mornings I am slow getting going and don't leave enough time for a quick soak. But that is an organizational issue for a different post...
Heehee, janeatiu! Your response made me smile. Thanks for letting me know about your experience with it. It's sounding like a good investment. Take care!

TaraLynn said:

We have a Jacuzzi Hot Tub and love it! We purchased ours about 8 years ago :-) Since we have no swimming pool on the Island it has allowed me to exercise joints during times when my mobility is limited, while also providing temporary relief in aching joints.

. Yes, Jacuzzi is a well known name. I've been Googleing (is that a verb? Really?). And relief from the pain, even temporary, would be a godsend. I'm just getting home from work and would love to get in warm, swirling water right now. I know it would make it easier to fall asleep. Thanks for taking the time to share. Take care!

Lar837 said:

I'm not sure whether it's a state (I'm in Texas) or a federal law, but when I bought a hot tub about 15 yrs ago, I didn't have to pay any sales tax because I had a prescription for the hot tub from my doctor (had chronic back pain).

Just a suggestion...Check it out.

. I will check on that for sure! Thanks for the tip, Lar837.