Worse when it rains or is overcast

I have noticed that I seem to get a whole lot worse just before it rains and while it is raining or very overcast. I am sometimes not aware of weather forecast beforehand and when it does rain I feel this is the reason for my increased pain and I find my back siezing up on me when I try and get out of bed in the morning. My back comes good after a couple of hours, after meds and treatment. I haven't been able to walk for 3 days with the pain in my right foot. It is too painful to carry my weight on it.

This is like a mini flare in specific joints. Different to a flare which is more or less all over and it stays for weeks to months.. This moves about in some joints and stays in others. From one hip to the other then both hips then the just one again. In my knees then gone after 8 hours. Overall more stiffness in my hands.

Is there a connection or a reason that rainy weather makes me worse?

I too flare from the weather, but it is a little different than what happens to you. My flares are triggered by barometric pressure changes. So it can change from rainy to sunny, as long as a front is coming through I feel it.

In general, I can tell a change in weather 24-72 hrs in advance (an average of about 36 hrs). I can literally shout across the house to my husband, asking him if the weather is due to change, and (he always knows, as he is a bicycle commuter and follows the weather carefully) he'll always say that something is changing sometime in the next 24-72 hrs. I do fairly well living the Seattle area, because the weather is rainy but fairly stable; we can have weeks of no barometric pressure changes. I did TERRIBLY in the upper midwest with weather fronts moving in every third day.

I'm kind of like you Marietta, get the flare a day or two before the change, and then sometimes again as the front moves out. I guess it probably is the barometric pressure changes. Bella, I have tried to correlate my flares with actual rainy or cold or snowy weather, but for me it is actually the changes. We have some pretty massive pressure changes here when weather comes in. I recently found a website called accuweather.com. If you put in your zip code and look up your city, it will show a weather forecast. There are tabs for US weather, your city weather, then next to that Migraine weather and then there is a tab with a plus. I you scroll over that tab it will bring up a menu and they have one for arthritis weather. I thought that was pretty cool because it shows you the days that might cause arthritis flares. I'll try to put the link in another comment

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado-springs-co/80903/arthritis-weather/327351

I can't seem to be able to get it off of colorado springs weather. Maybe if you log on it will go to your area's weather. I tried browsing for other areas, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I hate being beaten by websites, but I'm tired and don't have the patience to mess with it, lol

I live in a different part of the world on an island which is part of Queensland, Australia. No wonder I have been feeling it, a tornado hit the coastline further north yesterday and is predicted to be heading my way. I am 50 km south of Brisbane and it is not a known cyclone area. 2 days have past since my mini flare and even though it is still raining on and off and windy, my pain today has almost gone back to my normal hurting. I am hoping because my pain has eased this means that I can predict that this tornado won't actually come my way and the weather forecasters are wrong. Not sure if it works this way, only time will tell.

Glad you're feeling some better

Bella I have similar reactions too. I live in Scotland, but I went to India for xmas and new year and I have never been so well as I was when I out there. Now back in Scotland and cannot weight bear on the ball of my foot and my back seems tighter than it was too ( you got to laugh but it's true). The other joints affected move about randomly but today it's in my fingers (wrists yesterday). I so understand when you say the pain has subsided, to normal hurting, as I am sure most people on here do. I hope you feel plenty better soon.........how good would we all be as weather reporters !!

yes, it's the low pressure that moves in right before the storm, we should have been weather ladies, as we can predict the weather a few days in advance, all of my joints get stiff and achy. It could be a beautful day and all of a sudden I'm hurting, everywhere, feet the most, then knees then back hands/fingers, When I say theres a storm coming well, sure enough there always is, here in Florida we get storms in and out constantly and I do the worse in October, beginning of hurricane season. My flares are random too, and some are symmetrical which is not typical from what I hear now. I'm curious to the cold weather since we rarely have cold here, does the cold make things worse as well or is it just the pressure in the air. We may be moving to NC in the next few years and I'm not going to be happy in the cold if my flares are even worse. Any advice would be great.

I live in what is called around here as "Chciago Land" - Chicago and surrounding counties. Yes, cold does affect you. I have had osteoarthritis since a teen and more joints involved with later injuries and now PsA. For sure the osteoA is affected by change in weather and PsA in my hands and probably in my back are affected by cold - not necessarily by change in weather. Others on the list may have diffeent experience.