Change in weather-change in symptoms?

Please tell me the extreme temperature change is what's causing my fingers to be achy and stiff!!!
My hands have felt so good for 2 months, but suddenly today...well, I've noticed it coming on for a couple days--but today my fingers are really achy. We've had an abrupt temperature change-from 60s overnight to low 40s tonight.
I had also stretched out my Enbrel dose to 6.5 days last dose (from every 3.5 days for 2 months). I'm gonna take it now, which is 5 days because of the pain in my hands. But soon I'll only be taking it once a week and I wanted to slowly transition to that.
Has anybody else noticed weather changes cause flare ups--even when your biologic is working?

Absolutely, weather can definitely make symptoms worse. You aren’t alone in this at ALL. Welcome to fall! :slight_smile:

I do find that my body adjusts a little, and the pains and aches aren’t so bad after a while. Fall though spring I definitely have more pain than in summer. Cold weather, abrupt temperature changes, and low barometric pressure are pretty common causes of pain. My 17-year-old son like to hear me say, “Thar’s a storm commin’ in” in my best crotchety old man voice whenever it rains.

Great news! So, in other words, GrumpyCat, you're saying that for any least 7 months out of the year the colder weather can make symptoms flare--even while a person's on a biologic?

In that case, maybe we will retire to Arizona someday!!!

Yes, the weather has an effect on me as well. Every cold front that moves in or storm that passes by makes me run for pills and bed. It does get better after a few months.... yep 7 months!

In the words of my rheumatologist, probably my family and friends as well, I'm totally different. While I do experience aches and pains when the seasons change, most of mine are felt during the warm summer months. My hands swell horribly, as do my knees and feet. I didn't sleep well last night, my hips hurt, and I'm just a plain old grouch today. I am looking forward to the cold weather and no aches and pains. Is there anyone else that likes the cold weather?

I'm more change of seasons than specific weather events. I tend to have my worst problems in the spring, and another flare (lesser) in the fall. No major flare for the first time last spring, due to being on a biologic. But this fall has coincided with being off the biologic for a few weeks due to surgery, so I've definitely had a bit of a flare up.

And Tirezza, I do fine in the cold weather. I walk dogs year round, and don't have any issues with the cold outside. It's more a problem in my house, when I can get stiff due to the cold inside.

It must be the change of weather for me at this point (I hope). Last year my symptoms were really bad--but we had the hottest summer followed by the coldest winter ever, and my P and PsA just raged all year. That was right before I got on Enbrel. Now I've been doing well on Enbrel for 2.5 months (during a mild summer) and suddenly the temperature plunges and at the same time my symptoms flare. But, also at the same time my body decides to have a bad reaction to either my back pain or nsaids--I'd like to blame the weather...but Idk for sure what to blame. I want to blame something!!!!

Omg, I found this discussion I started almost 2 months ago because here we go again! Abrupt temperature change today and my fingers are throbbing. They’re bent and stiff and puffy. I hate it.
br/>

Grandma J said:

It must be the change of weather for me at this point (I hope). Last year my symptoms were really bad–but we had the hottest summer followed by the coldest winter ever, and my P and PsA just raged all year. That was right before I got on Enbrel. Now I’ve been doing well on Enbrel for 2.5 months (during a mild summer) and suddenly the temperature plunges and at the same time my symptoms flare. But, also at the same time my body decides to have a bad reaction to either my back pain or nsaids–I’d like to blame the weather…but Idk for sure what to blame. I want to blame something!!!