What shoes do you wear around the house?

I know a lot of us have foot pain, so I wanted to ask what you wear around the house. I know I don't want to be tied into tennis shoes all night. I want to find something that gives my foot a little more freedom but gives me some cushion for my heels. Just wondering what everyone's wearing... crocs? something else?

my favorite pair is these Sketchers sweater shoes that I got at JC Penny's. They are faux fur lined and so comfortable . I have plenty of room and since they are slip ons I don't have to bend down to get them on. They have soles so it is not like slippers. I wear them every where when I am off work. Heals are no longer an option for me so these shoes are awesome. On a side note I am nuts about shoes and it drives me crazy that most days I can not wear my cute heals

I love my memory foam slippers. Wish they made shoes for dress/casual wear. I don't want to be the lady in her slipper at the grocery store, Ha! Since going to these slippers my feet don't hurt as much in the kitchen as well as my back and hips feel better, too.

I do have to replace them every few months as the memory foam tends to break down and doesn't feel as good when they are new. I found them in a coupon insert a few month back. You can get them at www.DreamProductsCatalog.com , they are $12.97 a pair and free shipping.

autumnmat-- i SO hear you on the heels thing. I didn't wear heels a lot because the shoes would tear my heels up, but it is so hard to find cute shoes that aren't total crap! Let alone flats that are cute and not crap.. haha.

anne marie-- i will look into those. memory foam sounds wonderful! :)

I have been wearing FitFlops since June. My podiatrist endorsed them, and they are indeed comfortable. But in a Northland November, not warm enough. So I have ordered shearling slipper/boots from Lands' End. How I will address the support issue, we will see.

Autumnmat, I love shoes too and always have bought good (and attractive) footwear. Depite dressing them pretty, my feet are now letting me down in my old age. Yes, it drives me crazy too. I must say, I love my Munro Bardot boots, but can't afford too many pairs like that! Munro is the company that designs beautiful footwear that will accommodate orthotics.

I love my bare feet! if I have to I wear crocs indoors, I don’t like my feet to be hot.

Seenie said:

I have been wearing FitFlops since June. My podiatrist endorsed them, and they are indeed comfortable. But in a Northland November, not warm enough. So I have ordered shearling slipper/boots from Lands’ End. How I will address the support issue, we will see.

Autumnmat, I love shoes too and always have bought good (and attractive) footwear. Depite dressing them pretty, my feet are now letting me down in my old age. Yes, it drives me crazy too. I must say, I love my Munro Bardot boots, but can’t afford too many pairs like that! Munro is the company that designs beautiful footwear that will accommodate orthotics.

Crocs, without exception, Crocs. They have support, a cushiony foot bed and a mercifully big toe box. Since I found them, they are the only thing I wear on my feet at home.

Always wear my sandals which are designed to hold my orthotic inserts. Can't wear runners at work and at home too. This works the best for me. The custom orthotics are expensive, but necessary.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Nancy

I mostly go barefoot. If I'm not barefoot, I'm wearing Birks or my wool Ugg tasmans.

1. Birkenstock sandals

2. Comfortina (awesome for around the house or to have at work!) www.footsmart.com completely stretchy without looking like slippers. Great for days when your feet are swollen and you just can't get your shoes on! Buy a size smaller though.

3. Dansko clogs

I know this is a very old thread, I was going to start another discussion but thought it best to add what I wanted to say here.

After admitting I need to review what I put in my feet, I realised I had to find something instead of normal slippers. I’ve always been a bare footer at home as I hate my feet feeling hot and restricted, but need something that’s supported. My best buy for ages…Sketchers Go Walk 2’s!!! Ahhhh! Nice :slight_smile: extremely lightweight, breathable, loads of colours (yes I know that’s not a medical requirement but does my head good!) Invested in a bright turquoise pair. I can honestly say after wearing them a week my feet do feel less “bruised”

Louise I got a pair of these a few months ago,I live in them all the time. So so comfortable!

Hi Louise,

Think I'm going to order some of these. Are they true to size, the only review on Amazon said buy a size smaller?

I have 2 sizes, usually take a UK 5 and can wear these with or without socks. Just invested in a second pair size 4, which feel snug but really comfortable. Some days my feet seem bigger than others so it suits me to have both. I have noticed that they also do some half sizes as well. I just love them :slight_smile:

Look at my friends all discussing shoes. It does my heart good.

given that spring is here (and maybe it will stay) I've been starting to think flip flops. I bought some Sanuk yoga mat flip flops for vacation in February and they are really comfy. The sole is made from yoga mat material. Squishy but supportive.

I’ve always liked the idea of flip flops Jane but the toe post always rubs me raw so can never wear them, but anything that is both squishy and supportive gets my vote :slight_smile:

FITFLOPS .... all the way. They do clog style slippers, ballerinas, loafers, sneakers, boots. I have them all. The only footwear my poor sore feet can bear.

Thanks for the size guidance.

Now I just need to decide on the color

I wear Birkenstock sandles because they allow me to adjust the width when my feet swell. They also give me good support. I have the clog version with a buckle that allow adjustment too.