Went to the rhuemy 2day

I havent replied much on here but ive read a lot of threads...I told my rhuemy 2day how bad the enbrel hurt and i had quit taking it. He was shocked at the fact it hurt me, and said my symptoms had multiple sclerosis features.. He put in a request with my insurance for an mri, and is referring me to a neurologist....june and july have been the worst 2 month's of my life.....on a positive note i ate a little debbie honey bun and it was AWESOME.......

I'm sorry it's been such a rough day. Hugs to you!

thank you....

Marietta said:

I'm sorry it's been such a rough day. Hugs to you!

Did the Enbrel hurt because of the injection? Or did the medicine cause more pain? I've been holding off on the biologics because of the injection part.

It caused me more pain.. I had to use a cane to get around, and i had to buy a special chair to use in the shower because i couldnt stand up. As for the injection site the only problem i had there was bruising....all my trouble seems to be in the left leg and lower back....i now walk with a severe limp...

Spammy said:

Did the Enbrel hurt because of the injection? Or did the medicine cause more pain? I've been holding off on the biologics because of the injection part.

Well, good luck on your MRI! I had issues with Enbrel. It caused headaches; I took Asprin for them. After about a year, it quit working and I had a bit internal bleeding. Apparently, thr Asprin tore up my stomach.

My MRI turned up clean. I learned that the biologics can cause flares of both psoriasis and inflammatory arthritis. Not sure what the number is for Enbrel, but my derm said approximately 10% of his patients that teied Humira had flares in one of the two conditions.

I went last monday for the mri , but i havent heard from the doc with the results...i'm not hurting quiet as bad but the psoriasis is back ...should i call the rhuemy about my mri results or just hold tight lol....

Give them a call. Sometimes it pays to be proactive.

Are you feeling better? Anything seem to help?

Enjoy your Lil Debbie since we get so little to enjoy. Out lives are hard enough. :slight_smile: be sweet

Spammy said:

injections are very small needless. Tiny. They hurt al little but nothing in comparison, to what we endure daily. I.will take the shot any day, just hope they start working soon.

I am feeling a little better... I have limitations though like walking for more than a few hundred yrds really gets my hip hurting. I can ride the lawnmower but using the weedeater is out lol... Lifting anything over 25 pounds aggrevates many problematic areas...also in the last 3 month's i have lost roughly 20-25 lbs....

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough go of it, driveshaft! I hope you find something that helps you feel better soon. I'd definitely call about the MRI results so you can move forward one way or another.

And awesome about the Little Debbie honey bun - sometimes it's the small things that can make the most difference in our days!

I will probably call tomm about the mri... And yes the little things are what i miss the most, so i relish the chance even if its not good for me lol.....

Okay, not being a smart a** but what is a liitl Debbie. It sounds much more appealing than juiced kale (or kale any other way) and I'm reasonably certain it doesn't belong on the natural healing page where rule one is "if it tastes good, spit it out.:-)

Thanks, Candi. I got the lab results in the mail today and my sed rate went up from last time. I see the rheumy tomorrow and I'm almost positive we'll talk about Enbrel again.

Candi Crivea said:

Spammy said:

injections are very small needless. Tiny. They hurt al little but nothing in comparison, to what we endure daily. I.will take the shot any day, just hope they start working soon.

Its a good talk to have Spammy BUT don't let the sed rate be anything but a very small piece in a lrge puzzle. There are just to many things that can effect it. Even a recent dose of NSAIDS can raise it.........

Hang in there driveshaft. Do the little things that lift your spirits, and keep plugging along with treatment. You'll get something going sooner or later that helps!

driveshaft said:

I am feeling a little better... I have limitations though like walking for more than a few hundred yrds really gets my hip hurting. I can ride the lawnmower but using the weedeater is out lol... Lifting anything over 25 pounds aggrevates many problematic areas...also in the last 3 month's i have lost roughly 20-25 lbs....

Thanks for the info, Lamb. I haven't taken NSAIDs for years due to an allergy/sensitivity (I started wheezing after taking aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, celebrex, and vioxx). I didn't even know celebrex and vioxx were types of NSAIDs until I read it here in one of the discussions. I realize I have a ton of info to learn about PsA and am grateful for what I've learned so far.

tntlamb said:

Its a good talk to have Spammy BUT don't let the sed rate be anything but a very small piece in a lrge puzzle. There are just to many things that can effect it. Even a recent dose of NSAIDS can raise it.........

Thanks everyone. Lamb a little debbie is a very sweet snack cake. I forgot to ment i also went to a allergist, she said i have a hyper sensitive immune system. My body from time to time makes too much histamine. Can someone elaborate on the hyper sensitive immune system ?