Enbrel finally!

After a few years on hydroxycholorquine and MTX I will finally have my first Enbrel shot tonight! I could hardly get out of bed this morning because my knee is so swollen and stiff. I am hoping the Enbrel will help me. I am not afraid of the side effects and I want to get back to being able to do the things I love!

Awesome! Hoping the best for you!

Excellent, Goofy! Biologics aren't miracles in a syringe, but for a lot of people they do mean significant relief. Now to be patient ... that's hard! I remember a couple of weeks into my biologic therapy, I started feeling fleeting little flutters of energy and mental clarity. That was my first clue that improvement might be coming my way.

For me, the biologics have given me the greatest relief of fatigue, brain fog and stiffness. My feet still suffer, but apparently biologics work better on backs than on the extremities. Never mind, I'm grateful for the renewed energy and postitive outlook they have given me. The only side effect I had was a site reaction that disappeared gradually over several months.

Most of us waited a couple of months to feel the bio-love, but the occasional person has a "next morning miracle". Whatever it does to you, I hope it's good.

Seenie

PS don't forget to take the injector out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you "shoot up". I would even tuck it into my armpit while I got the swab out and cleaned the injection site.

Yes! I LOVE Enbrel and I hope you have great results with it, too! It worked for me really fast--giving me less fatigue and more energy than I had in years, all within days of my first injection. The stiffness went away fast, too! And, within about 6 weeks my psoriasis was greatly improved....so, good luck, Goofy Pirate!

Good luck! I hope you get fast relief 6 weeks in I am still waiting trying to be patient. Hope is a beautiful thing.

That’s so exciting - really hope it does you good! Lots of people have had great results with enbrel

Thanks for all the well wishes. I took advantage of the nurse partner that Enbrel supplies. She came out on Friday to help me with my first shot. She was very nice and she went over a lot of information. We talked about my current problems, she instructed me about psoriatic arthritis more than anyone else has and showed me how to do the shots. She had practice sureclicks for me to use. By the time I gave myself the shot I was confident and ready. The only side effect I have had is a bruise where I injected. And like you Grandma J, the swelling, stiffness and pain in my knee has already gone down. It may be a coincidence, but I am hoping it is the Enbrel.

I hope this is a sign of good things for you too! Well done for taking the plunge… Enbrel was my first choice so I was disappointed to have side effects. It’s always a relief to get the first injection out of the way isn’t it? I remember freaking out over first mtx - seems like a lifetime ago. Do let me know how it’s going

Yes again, Goofy Pirate! You never know, you just might be one of the minority lucky ones *like me* who gets quick relief! Keep your fingers crossed (if you can still do that)! If I said it once I've said it 100 times--Enbrel has been like a miracle for me. Even though I have foot pain and some minor various aches and pains and a little stubborn psoriasis, this is nowhere near how horrible I felt before Enbrel.

Good luck, and may all your future injections be even more beneficial! ☺

Goofy Pirate said:

Thanks for all the well wishes. I took advantage of the nurse partner that Enbrel supplies. She came out on Friday to help me with my first shot. She was very nice and she went over a lot of information. We talked about my current problems, she instructed me about psoriatic arthritis more than anyone else has and showed me how to do the shots. She had practice sureclicks for me to use. By the time I gave myself the shot I was confident and ready. The only side effect I have had is a bruise where I injected. And like you Grandma J, the swelling, stiffness and pain in my knee has already gone down. It may be a coincidence, but I am hoping it is the Enbrel.

Actually modern medicines are able help about 64% of people with PsA achieve MDA or minimal disease activity. It's not always the first biologic tried. It's not 100% but it's by no means just a lucky minority.

I have had two doses now with no side effects. My psoriasis seems to be a little better as well as the swelling. I am hoping things will continue to improve with time.

Fantastic to hear that its going so well for you already. I will be moving to biologics in the next month or so, and Enbrel is the one I am hoping to start with. All the best for your continued success with Enbrel!