Went to foot doc. and got a referral to a new Rheumy from my G.P

Hi,
I got two shots in my foot for the pain and swelling and ordered new orthotics. I’m feeling much better about my doc.s. The foot doc gave me a Valium and a pain pill to take before the appointment. I’m feeling like they believe that I really do have pain that is interrupting my life.

Also got a referral to a new Rheumy. My G.P. said that he has had other PsA patients treated by this doc. I asked my General Practitioner if he thought that I had PsA. He said he felt that I do have some kind of arthritis that is not osteoarthritis. The conversation, about the nurse announcing personal information at my last Rheumy appt. went well. I am feeling better about my G.P. also. I think the pain log that I’ve been keeping, and shared with him helped too. He said, “It sounds like you’re having a lot of pain.” I’m feeling heard! Yea!

He also agreed to give me something for pain when I get the flu and/or a sinus infection b/c I told him the pain in all my joints gets so bad during that time.

My Rheumy appt. is in the first week of April. I’m feeling hopeful and also fearful of what may be recommended. It feels like it’s all a process of acceptance and weighing the pros and cons. Thanks everyone! I’m glad this site is here for us!

That's so great! I hope your new dr. really listens to you!

Thanks Marietta!