Hi! Undiagnosed, very confused

Hi there!

I have not been officially diagnosed. My rheum leans towards PsA due to family history of psoriasis and my elevated ANAs. I am pretty frustrated right now because I clearly have something wrong with my big toe and am tired all the time but there doesn't seem to be a solution yet. I had a MRI a few days ago and I hope that reveals something...anything...

Ashley

Hello, Ashley! I am so glad that you made your way to this site. I think it is one of the best places on the interwebs for support and information on PsA.

The waiting game can be terrible, but it does seem that your rheum is heading in the direction of a diagnosis and just wants to have a of the possible data before handing out a diagnosis. This is a good thing. You want to be sure that you are being treated for the right condition, otherwise you would be taking expensive medications and getting no relief. Waste of your time and your moolah!

Know that you are NOT alone. Many of us have gimped a mile in your shoes, are here for you if you need information or simply want to vent.

I hope you get moving on some answers soon. The waiting is rotten.

Welcome is not quite what I feel I should say...but I will say it none the less.

Ask your questions and someone here can answer it. There is a lot of experience just waiting to help!

Welcome! So happy for you that you have a rheumy who sounds like is doing all the right things to reach a diagnosis… that can be half the battle sometimes! So sorryyyou’re having a rough time. This is a great place to ask questions and talk with lots of us who have been where you are and can understand.

Hello All!

Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words! The MRI revealed fluid in 6 foot/toe joints. My rheumy officially diagnosed me with "inflammatory arthritis" on Tuesday. This morning I went to a new derm to check out my nasty big toe toenail and she said it was caused by PsA and also infected. So now I must clear the infection up and choose which DMARDs I want to try as it sounds like as official as a diagnosis I will get? My rheum sent me to the derm to make sure the nail wasn't fungus and it's not. So here we go....

Hi Ashley, welcome. My journey started where yours did with 'discovery' of inflammation in my toe joints. Sounds like you have a good rheumy who I'm sure will help guide you through appropriate treatment options.

Hi Ashley, does sound like you’ve got as definitive a diagnosis as you will get for the time being, and now onto the treatment.

That’s actually a huge achievement (there are members here that were undiagnosed for 10 years +), so congratulations, welcome, and its great to hear you sound like you have a medical team on the ball :slight_smile:

So you’ve got the t-shirt … waydago, Ahsley! As Jen says, that’s a huge achievement because NOW you can move on to the search for what will give you relief.

I like the way your medical team seems to be working. Sorry you’ve got PsA, but given that you do, lucky Ashley!

So you’ve got the t-shirt … waydago, Ahsley! As Jen says, that’s a huge achievement because NOW you can move on to the search for what will give you relief.

I like the way your medical team seems to be working. Sorry you’ve got PsA, but given that you do, lucky Ashley!

Now that you have the t-shirt you are in "The Gap" which may seem like a black hole before its all over. Read about the gap here: http://discussion.livingwithpsoriaticarthritis.org/forum/topics/welcome-to-the-gap

Other than that, sounds like you have a great team behind you.

Thanks everyone! Pretty strong joint pain in my toes tonight...does anyone feel like that before it rains?

I'll go read up on the gap now!