Welcome, Liesa from Ontario!

Hi there @Liesa , and welcome to the Psoriatic Arthritis patient support group! I’m Julie, an intern with Ben’s Friends. I just read through your profile and oh my goodness the struggle with getting a condition recognized when it’s easy to pin aches and pains on “getting old” is too common with conditions like this. I’m glad that you were able to finally get diagnosed by a different doctor (almost seems like chance!) and get started with a rheumatologist to find the right treatment for you.

As you’ve probably found already, the board is here to listen to your story and provide some insight with their own experiences with treatments, symptoms, and anything else having to do with PsA. I invite you to check out the different categories for topics on the left side of the home page, or see the freshest conversations on the right of our home page. If there is anything you would like to ask, feel free to post a topic using the ‘+New Topic’ button at the top of the page or click the magnifying glass to type in some keywords and search previous discussions.

The other mods (members with a shield next to their username) and I are also available if you need any assistance navigating the website or getting involved with discussions. You can let us know if there’s anything we can help with by clicking our username and then clicking ‘Message’ to send us a direct message. Best wishes to you, and welcome again to the Living with PsA patient support group!

2 Likes

Hey Liesa, welcome here! I’m glad that you found us, but so sorry that you are a member of this club. Yes, we’re all getting older, but that seems to be the first diagnosis some docs reach for. Mine was the same. And then an x-ray found serious foot damage.

I’m in Ontario as well, and I just want to make sure that you know about the research clinic at Toronto Western Hospital. The discussion thread is here. Between the good people on this community and the fantastic research doctors there, I got my life back after almost 20 years of complaints. (All the complaints blown off as menopause, getting older, working too hard, not exercising enough, blah blah blah, I quit complaining until the day I could no longer walk.)

We’re so glad you’re here, and we hope that you will be glad too!

Post an introduction thread, why don’t you? We’d love to know more about you.

All the best

Seenie