Weired pain....today's was around the ankle

As I was folding some clothes I stepped back and slightly twisted my right leg. Went down in pain. This was hours ago. Still experiencing the pain. It forms a circle around my foot just under my ankle. I was told its my PsA. If this is what I have to look forward to then I’lll say I am not happy. At all. My hands swoll up last week and were painful. Looked like I was wearing a fat suit on my hands. I can’t even move my fingers at that point.
My rheumy has me applying for social security disability and last visit said I need an atty to speed the process .
I want my questions answered. How bad can this get. How fast. What is the progression I can expect. I can tackle things I know with plans and time to think the back up plan too if necessary. I just turned 39 and MANY people don’t believe me when I tell them I am 39. Now I feel like my body is going to look older than my face.
Harsh answers are welcome. Thank you in advance for replying.

Christa,

Sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time right now. On the disability one of the hardest things sometimes is to get your rheumy on board with you...so good for you on that. I too have been wondering how bad this gets and how fast. I look back and realize I have had this a lot longer than diagnosed. This year alone I have had many things happen to me that seem to be rushing things. The way I see it is the progression can be slow and then speed up for no reason. As for the ankle pain...it may be tendonitis from the twisting. I get tendonitis so easy now and it takes forever to heal. Good luck with everything.

I also have the ankle pain as well as pain in the Achilles tendons and arches of the feet. Some days it is horrible and some days just a dull ache. 2011 was a bad, bad year for me. My symptoms went from slight to intense in a very short time, but I’ve been proactiive in informing my Rheum Dr, and trying to incorporate yoga and stretching to keep my muscles limber.

Alma said:

Christa,

Sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time right now. On the disability one of the hardest things sometimes is to get your rheumy on board with you…so good for you on that. I too have been wondering how bad this gets and how fast. I look back and realize I have had this a lot longer than diagnosed. This year alone I have had many things happen to me that seem to be rushing things. The way I see it is the progression can be slow and then speed up for no reason. As for the ankle pain…it may be tendonitis from the twisting. I get tendonitis so easy now and it takes forever to heal. Good luck with everything.

I've only been recently diagnosed, but it seems to me like there is a new and/or different pain every day :(. Over the course of 4 months mine has spread and worsened quite a bit, so I think it might be one of those things that no one could really say how quickly or how bad it could be for an individual. I hope your ankle feels better soon.

Last Dr. visit I told the Dr. I was having pain around my ankle, she just ignored me. What do I need to say to get x-ray to see if the PsA is affecting my ankle now? I also told her I wanted to go off Methotrexate because it was giving me such bad stomach trouble. Her answer was "I can't authorize that." I need to get a new Rheumatologist but I am scheduled to start Embrel injections and if I change Dr. I think I will have to start all over, and I have new joint damage and need to get on Enbrel as soon as I can.