Today sucked

so, I am still not feeling better. been a rough week. For the first time in my PsA saga I could NOT get my wedding ring on this morning. I woke up, fingers throbbing as usual, but extreme swelling in my hands. Just really upset me and made me sad. Have been trying to get it on all day, but no luck.

Later in the day I was putting on my seatbelt, and felt a "pop" in my left thumb which has now resulted in my left thumb and left index finger feeling numb/tingly

I am so aggravated and pissed at this disease. It is just kicking my ass and robbing me of being able to do normal activities. Today just sucked.

I'm sorry you had such a bad week I hope you feel better

Thanks javabean. I hate to get on here and be so negative.

Hi Suzanne,

I am sorry to hear it is rough at the moment, but as to coming here and being negative, sometimes you need to vent in a space where people understand what you are giong through.

Virtual hugs from a Virtual stranger, I hope it gets better for you soon.

Louise

Thanks all

Louise said:

Hi Suzanne,

I am sorry to hear it is rough at the moment, but as to coming here and being negative, sometimes you need to vent in a space where people understand what you are giong through.

Virtual hugs from a Virtual stranger, I hope it gets better for you soon.

Louise

I am so sorry that you are struggling today. I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean, I get afraid sometimes about where this disease will take me eventually. I had a bad weekend too, the pain was not good as I did too much all weekend (it sucks you have to LIMIT what you do!). I am at the point where I may need to take off my wedding ring (if I get a good day again where it might COME off my swollen knuckles), after 35 years of marriage. I am fighting that sad day off as long as I can. Hang in there, know that others out here understand and care.

Sending hugs,

Lainee B.

Sorry to hear about your crappy day and week. I think many of us have "been there". I know I went a month or so with my wedding ring around my neck because I couldn't get it back on. I even thought about getting it resized, but the pain and swelling finally went down enough for me to put it back in place. Hang in there, it will get better eventually!

I had stopped wearing my wedding rings a few years after the dx. My hubby decided I needed an upgrade a few years ago and I got them 2 sizes too big. It’s unusual that my hands aren’t puffy so the fit can go from loose and spinning, to tight and you need soap to get them off. I still miss my original wedding rings but don’t think my hands will ever be good enough they I can wear them. My new rings are beautiful and much more expensive then the originals, but we were both still kids when he bought me my first set so to me much more valuable. I can deffinately relate!!

Again I have the same problem, my fingers get so swollen, have to leave of my wedding rings, :(, but I had a few injections from the rhumy over the last few weeks and it brought the swelling down a bit, starting the humira so hopefully it will improve again, hope you are feeling a bit better, ;)

Thanks everyone. Not being able to wear my ring just really put me in a funk. I go see the Rheumy in another week, so I will add this to my list of concerns. Have a good day!

Sorry, Suzanne, to hear about Uncle Arthur's latest kick in the can. When I woke up this morning, my right knee was swollen (first time for knees), and I couldn't bend my right arm. I thought, not now, I have four house guests on the way for Thanksgiving weekend! It got better as the day went along, but I can't help but wonder what's in store for tomorrow. It's disappointing, maddening and frightening when something new happens with this illness.

You aren't being negative, my friend; you simply are venting a very understandable frustration. It's appropriate to get angry when you're being kicked around!

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Suzanne, Prayers your way for some relief. I haven't worn my rings in several years because of swelling. I saw someone posted that they went to wearing their rings around their neck, I may try that. I try not to get into power struggles with the PsA because it always kicks my butt. I can't help at times though feeling like it is an entity that I go to war with. Hope all is easier to deal with tomorrow.

Suzanne

I hope you are feeling better today. You are in my thoughts and my prayers.