The journey begins

I know most people on this site have been dealing with the disease a while. You are STRONG people! I have had psoriasis since I was 4 but the arthritis has snuck up on me in the last 10 years. I ignored it at first. Then I got some help but the doctor was not easy to communicate with and the treatment quit working. Now I am battling with a new doctor with methotrexate. What I didn't expect is yeast infections and kidney problems from the drug. OUCH! I have constant kidney stones anyway and I do not know if this is a coincidence or if the med had something to do with it. This isn't fun. I wonder if anyone else is like me and goes throughout the day thinking I am going to continue the meds, I can do this and then the next hour it is I am not doing this anymore I am tired of fighting. Seems like I have a battle going on in my mind and a war in my body.

Day 4...I feel better mentally and pain wise but apparently my body is struggling. I had to go to the urologist today. I am either passing a kidney stone or just passed one. Now, there is an infection. that means antibiotics, which means yeast infection which means Diflucan. White count was up and my blood pressure was too. Grrrrr! Makes me frustrated. At this rate I might as well as skip meals and just take pills and turn my paycheck over to Blue Cross.

Kidney stones, yuck! I had one about six years ago and luckily I caught it when it passed. I was having severe pain and bloody urine and my doctor's nurse insisted it must be a bladder infection so my doctor ordered antibiotics. I couldn't convince her it was worse than any bladder inf. I'd ever had, and finally I went to the ER. The pain was so bad it made me nauseous and that never happens to me! They sent a special strainer home with me and I took a percocet (the one and only time I've ever taken that) and about an hour after I got home I passed a 3mm stone. The percocet really helped me feel better and in a really happy place haha! I guess if stones are bigger than 3mm they can't pass and need to be "zapped". I can't imagine what you're going through with all the kidney stones and other problems! I've never had a yeast infection but my daughters have complained about them a lot and it sounds like they're really uncomfortable. I hear you about the indecision! I'm the same way--it's really hard to accept taking meds you're not sure wth they're going to do to you! Especially when you're having yucky SEs that make you feel almost as bad as the symptoms you're trying to relieve! I hope things are settling down for you!

Thanks Grandma J! This past Friday I really had a lot of relief from the joint pain. YAY!!!!! However, the kidney issues seem to be getting worse. I hope that does not mean that it is going to be continual. I go back to my Rheum. in two weeks. I will see what kind of info and advice she will have for me.