The Great Privilege

Watching my grandchildren is one of the things I enjoy most. It can really pull me out of my depression and make me feel useful and productive. But I can't do it on my own, it's just not physically possible, I fade fast and mobility is a huge issue.

So, Thursday my kids will leave for a small trip, and Friday the nanny/housekeeper will be there. This will afford me time to spend with my older grandchild while the younger one is mostly tended to by the nanny. Though that precious baby will not be neglected from Grandma's love and kisses.

Saturday, the other grandmother will take the older granddaughter for swimming. This will allow me to have one- on -one with my baby granddaughter.

Sunday, is a bit scary, I'll be on my own with the two of them until 'mommy and daddy' get home. Not too hard on me I hope. At any rate the older grandchild knows my limits, she's quite okay entertaining herself for an hour or just cuddling to read a book. Babies have no such patience and you get what you get.

I'm very lucky to have so much support, so that I can be of service and yet not go beyond my capacity.

Speaking of capacity, this will likely take at least a week to recover from, but well worth it.

I have some fun, not too difficult things planned. If it weren't for these crucial times when I am needed, I'm not sure how I could 'feel' like being part of a world where pain is my everyday nemesis.

I'm very lucky things have worked out in such a way, just enough but not too much, at least for now.

My thoughts for the day-

I think you are going to have a wonderful weekend! Cuddles and books and reading … what a treat for them, and for you.