Sudden gluten intolerance?

Hi All,

I have recently in the past couple of months become aware that even with my PSA under control for the moment, I have become gluten sensitive? Not to all gluten but most, pizza dough, hamburger buns, bread in general. It wasn't till I was given two yummy Twizzlers rope candy that I became a believer. I ate them and within minutes I had gained two pants sizes, I was flushed in the face all kinds of stomach issues, not knowing that the red licorice has a very high level of gluten. Looking back on past stomach ailments over the years, it all seems to make sense, usually the result of eating something doughy and tasty. Has anyone else had a sudden intolerance to gluten after being diagnosed with PSA?

Thanks

There certainly is no harm in going gluten free and seeing how you are feeling. Although, I don't quite understand why such a strong reaction to Twizzlers, which is going to be lower in gluten than breads. Maybe the Twizzlers were a different issue?

You know, all those types of gluten sound like refined breads. Maybe it’s the sugar they turn into when you digest it. I also think gluten has been a suspect in autoimmune. There a lot on National Institutes of Health. I personally am plant based. Mostly fruit veg nut, no oil, no dairy or meat, or night shades. I think it helps me. I take a lot of vitamins too because it is so restrictive. I think that’s probably something for alternative or complementary. Probably a lot of folks under those discussions have something about all that.

I had the same thing and I went to the doctor to run the test to see if I had celiac or chrons and they came back negative. I am finding, for me, it is the white flour so I really try to limit myself, as well as sugar. What I am trying to go back to is the no sugar no flour food plan for that was the one were I had very little issues. It is hard though with children and all of the their activities.

I find that I flare the following day if I eat gluten - it’s so hard cos I love bread but I’ve cut gluten out for now. I try to follow the abascal way - fancy name but basically means eating 2/3 veg or fruit to 1/3 other with no processed foods - it’s actually pretty easy to do …