Strange flu

Some of my family, including my son, have had the flu (the flu-flu, with coughing and such, not the not-flu stomach flu) this past week. My son graciously coughed directly into my mouth about a week ago, and I am now experiencing that first bit of flu- chills and sore throat and headache and fatigue and stuff- but can't seem to get a fever and the mucous going (latter bit could be the newly diagnosed Sjogren's, fun stuff!). I'm on the normal PsA regimen, a biologic + methotrexate + NSAID and on 15mg prednisone. Has anyone else had a strange fever-less illness like that? It's disconcerting.

So nice of him to share with you like that. Without a fever, it sounds like you’re fighting and winning. If you are due to take your biologic or MTX within the next few days, you may want to talk to your doctor about holding off.

Tomorrow's MTX day, unfortunately. I'll call in the morning, though I know the doctor will have me hold off because he's the cautious type. I keep meaning to get clear directions for what to do when I'm sick or have an infection, but there are always about ten thousand things to discuss at those appointments.

Stoney said:

So nice of him to share with you like that. Without a fever, it sounds like you're fighting and winning. If you are due to take your biologic or MTX within the next few days, you may want to talk to your doctor about holding off.

All I can say is ugh. Well, and I hope you get over it faster than I got over whatever it was that we had here. I had a really bad cough--tight chest--chills at first but no fever.....the cough dragged on forever, when everyone else around me who had it (which was just about everyone) had it for no more than a week.

I honestly can't say what you should do. First I took my Enbrel shot, then I delayed it 4 days, then took it on time, then delayed.... It's so hard to know what to do. I sure didn't want to get PsA back, but I did end up with some stiffness and pain.

I was just talking with my daughter about this because my mom is going to visit a daughter-in-law who supposedly has the Type A flu. My mom is too stubborn to get the flu shot. I'll be mad if my mom catches it because she knows full well the danger for a person her age; and I would be very cautious visiting her if she was sick! I also told my daughter if the grandkids catch it, don't plan on me bbsitting them!

I hope you get over this, whatever it is, fast! Let us know how it goes, please.

I know what you mean. I just went to Christmas dinner and my niece and nephew were coughing all over. I got fever and chills 2 days later. A quick trip to the urgent care clinic on Sunday and I'm already feeling much better with the Tamiflu Rx. But oh my, the body aches were atrocious.

I called the doctor, and was told to hold my methotrexate and Humira until I'm asymptomatic. I'm going to try to just take care of myself and not dread the inevitable flare before it happens... ugh.

I've had a cold or two since I started on biologics and MTX, but having chills, body aches and sore throat was what made me think I needed to call the doctor. I worried that prednisone might be preventing the fever response, which apparently it can.

Grandma J said:

All I can say is ugh. Well, and I hope you get over it faster than I got over whatever it was that we had here. I had a really bad cough--tight chest--chills at first but no fever.....the cough dragged on forever, when everyone else around me who had it (which was just about everyone) had it for no more than a week.

I honestly can't say what you should do. First I took my Enbrel shot, then I delayed it 4 days, then took it on time, then delayed.... It's so hard to know what to do. I sure didn't want to get PsA back, but I did end up with some stiffness and pain.

I was just talking with my daughter about this because my mom is going to visit a daughter-in-law who supposedly has the Type A flu. My mom is too stubborn to get the flu shot. I'll be mad if my mom catches it because she knows full well the danger for a person her age; and I would be very cautious visiting her if she was sick! I also told my daughter if the grandkids catch it, don't plan on me bbsitting them!

I hope you get over this, whatever it is, fast! Let us know how it goes, please.