I have a horrible sinus infection or is it the flu?

I have been feeling like a cold was coming for weeks I finally felt like I kicked it!!!wrong took my MTx injection Thursday woke up with a fever on Friday! I stayed in bed all day yesterday my thumb joints, ankles lower back and feet are hurting so bad!!! I am so disgusted I am new to PSA but this must be what a flare up is and it sucks!! Some People don’t understand my husband said if you think about (my joints hurting) it will happen hahahaha I wish, I would think of a vacation in the Bahamas before I would think of my joints hurting. I am sick and sick and tired of this illness, I am haven’t had a fever in years!! Thanks for letting me vent I would cry but I am too week and typing is painful. :frowning:

oh you're having a tough day! Sorry you feel so craptastic. I think that suffering through a fever os one of the worst feelings. It messes up your body and your brain. This is your brain on 103F...

You must must must do what you need to to look after yourself properly. If that means staying in bed then do it. If it means going to the store to get yourself food or chicken soup or medicine, do it. But just be sure to look after yourself. I know it is so hard when you're sick or in a flare but do try to get a little movement if you can. I shuffle around in my bathrobe, I go from the bed to the kitchen for a cup of tea then to the couch then back to bed with the paper, but try if you can to move. It does help once you get the motor running. Feel better and stay warm!

Thank you so much! Got up had a few cups of tea! A friend made me chicken soup I am always feel guilty letting anyone do something for me but a friend brought me soup it was wonderful. My rheumy called me yesterday to find out if this could be the MTX since I he just lowered the dose off the MTX I told him I felt like I was getting ill before taking the shot but for the past few weeks I felt like that so I took the shot Thursday and got sick Friday bad choice on my part I guess but the way it’s going I will never get psa under incontrol dr told me not to worry he has other stuff lined up if this doesn’t work I just didn’t want him to think this was a side effect of the meds probably didn’t help I took the shot but it is what it is!! At work I will see how long I can stay!!

Glad you're doing a bit better--AND you're at work. That's great. Hang in there.

I had to tell myself to put on my big girl panties and deal with it this morning. I was moving VERY slowly. But, I made it.

Still sick now I have bronchitis I haven’t been able to take the MTX for two weeks!! I was getting better than over the weekend wham I couldn’t breath I took the day off today I couldn’t drag myself through another day 2 dr visits 1 antibiotic 2 inhalers I am hoping this is the end of what’re this infection is. Two weeks off MTx and my feet and ankles are hurting and tomorrow we are suppose to get snow so I am resting before the shoveling begins. Really sick of being sick!!

I hear you Adirondack life. I is very difficult to tell what is "flu like symptoms", a flare or a virus infection. I had to deal with it for a while before I could figure it out. If I am not running a fever but feel fluish I take my meds. Sometimes I am on the cusp of getting somethihg and that pushes me into it. But not very often. Mostly I find it was the PsA making me feel that way and it abates after I take the mtx or bio. They always start as viruses and the bacterial infections come 7-10 days into it if you are going to get one. Just when you should start to feel better you suddenly feel worse. At least this is my take on it. I hope you feel better and are on the mend.

Thank you back to work today in a snow storm, I am new to this psa problem I am learning about flares. Tell you one thing when they say weakened immune system they are cause I can’t kick this and now my stomach is acting up from the antiobootic!! Good grief I need a break!!thank you what you said was helpful!!