Spring Break is finally here!

I survived the week and made it to Spring Break!!! Yay!!! For the most part, I am going to try to take it easy but we are planning a short get away to the Amana Colonies in Iowa. Mainly we just want to get away for a couple days and relax. My only request is that we stay somewhere that has a hot tub so that if I overdo it, I can sit in the hot tub and sooth my sore body parts. We will only be there for two days or so, but honestly, it will be the first sight seeing trip since my diagnosis and I am a bit concerned about it. Hubby has a little scooter that will help him out but I still plan to walk as much as I can so I will be taking my walking stick or even the cane with me just in case. My toes are starting to move in 'unnatural' directions which lead me to think I may have more joint damage than we thought. This year has been quite the learning experience for me. I have been adjusting everything trying to have less pain but still retain my independence. So far, I seem to be succeeding. I still have my job, but have added short and long term disability to my insurance just in case. I have found ways to alleviate the pain and still teach my students by having them do a lot of the demonstrations. Despite the high level of stress my family is encountering currently, I feel I am the one in control with the PsA. I am still having some pain but it is not taking over my life like it was last summer. I will win and I will not let it take over my life.