Sooo much pain! My spine is always bad, but my hands are now SOOO BAD...posted pics on my page

Hand pain is the worst… Just because you still have to use them so much! I’ve had evenings where I just prop them on a pillow on my stomach and pray the throbbing will stop! I wouldn’t wish that darn hand pain on my worst enemy!! I hope you get some relief soon.

Dani, you might ask your doc about silver ring splints. The splints look much like rings we all wear, but they are designed in shape so that they splint the joints. There is one specifically designed for triggering, which is what I think you are describing. (They are actually attractive and some even come with gemstones in them. :-) ) You would have to be fitted for the splints; my physical therapist fitted mine. You can see them here:

http://www.silverringsplint.com/

I have a couple of these and while I don't have to wear them all the time, I am grateful for them when I am in flare. Hope you are enjoying some relief by now!

dani7865

So sorry for your pain and frustration. Hugs to you. Do hot baths help you? They work for me (albeit temporarily). Baths are relaxing and I feel better emotionally afterwards. It is funny, I was never a bath person until this PsA thing. I'm learning to like it though. Sometimes my pug dogs go in with me! : ) They don't want to be left out of anything - silly puggies! LOL The unconditional love of a dog is so wonderful! Mine are my therapy, my comedy show, and my furry little heating pads when I am horizontal.

I also wear splints...For my elbow, ankles, and both hands... I seems to help temporarily, but it gets to the point that I feel like it almost hurts after wearing them for awhile... I certainly feel your pain. My PsA has rapidly progressed over the last two years. It went from my feet/ankles, to my legs, back, elbows, and toes over this time. It's very frustrating.

I am going to try acupuncture for the first time. At this point I'm willing to try anything for pain relief... I hope you some sort of releif soon..

Hi DmaraJade

Funny thing about dogs...I have two furry little bichon/shihtzu crosses, who are also my therapy. They really know when you are not feeling well and will provide additional comfort and love above and beyond what they already do. Especially my one little girl, Roxy, who I have had since she was a puppy, she is 11 now, and she knows me so well. She has been with me through 3 back surgeries, and never leaves my side...when I am not well, she knows it, and it sort of upsets her too. My other guy, Rainey, was a rescue 4 years ago, and he is so special as he was a recue and I think he is so greatful that I rescued him, that he showers me with kisses everymorning when I wake up. I could not make it through my days without them...so I know how you feel about your beloved Puggies!!!!

The baths do help to...albeit temporarily.

DMaraJade said:

dani7865

So sorry for your pain and frustration. Hugs to you. Do hot baths help you? They work for me (albeit temporarily). Baths are relaxing and I feel better emotionally afterwards. It is funny, I was never a bath person until this PsA thing. I'm learning to like it though. Sometimes my pug dogs go in with me! : ) They don't want to be left out of anything - silly puggies! LOL The unconditional love of a dog is so wonderful! Mine are my therapy, my comedy show, and my furry little heating pads when I am horizontal.