So many ups and downs

So many ups and downs...currently down. My hair is still falling out, I'm depressed, and I still have facial swelling from the injections. I am very tired and the Enbrel doesn't last the full week! I am also trying to stop the Norco. I am at a low point, I want to stop pain meds but I have too much pain without them. Has anyone had similar experience?

I also have the same problem, but I take Humria, and Methotrexate, I M licking if I get a full week, I have been doing them both, Plus 7.5 hydro’s. I need to ask her my Rhumy Dr if I can bump up my hydro’s to a bit stronger,like the Narco’s but not real sure how about asking? I don’t think she likes prescibeing me Narcotics? I just have a lot of bad days with the pain, I thought the warmer weather would help more than it is.

The Norco I take is 5/325. It is not as strong and it has less acetaminophen.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time Andy. This disease is one continuous roller coaster ride.

I'm all for pain control, narcotics help me a lot. I know when I'm about to burst into tears that I'm over my limit and I really need to take something. A lot of dr's don't want to prescribe narcotics anymore, I'm lucky my rheumy will. Many people have to go to a pain clinic to get them, but to me that's just one more dr. appt. and I have enough already! :)

My family doctor gives me the Norco, anything stronger I would probably have to go to pain management. She does prescribe percocet if I have a flare-up. I tried a pain clinic once and the drugs were great for pain, but I was a zombie and they were too addicting. I was so hopeful with the Enbrel. I have taken pain killers for many years, less now than ever before. I've had a spinal laminectomy and a hip replacement before I was diagnosed with PsA. Everything I have done has been in search of a pain free life, I'll be 60 this year and my chances aren't looking so good right now:) Thanks for the support.

Marietta said:

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time Andy. This disease is one continuous roller coaster ride.

I'm all for pain control, narcotics help me a lot. I know when I'm about to burst into tears that I'm over my limit and I really need to take something. A lot of dr's don't want to prescribe narcotics anymore, I'm lucky my rheumy will. Many people have to go to a pain clinic to get them, but to me that's just one more dr. appt. and I have enough already! :)