So FRUSTRATED!

Please forgive the rant but I don't know what else to do! I am angry and frustrated to the point of tears!! I was seen in the ER on the 9th for N/V, diarrhea and right sided pain I was SURE was another kidney stone. The only med I had been on was low dose steroids...only for a day or two.

ER did CT and it said bowels were in the way and couldn't r/o stone. Last week went to my FP and she sent me for a bilateral Ultrasound of my kidneys....showed a cyst in the L kidney and a 7mm echogenic area that was consistent with a stone. Went to a urologist who called BS on the first CT, didn't care about the US and sent me for a 2nd CT. During that first visit he talked to the NP that was with him as if I were a specimen....only talked AT me, made me touch my toes, and bend over to touch the floor when sitting. I was so stunned I know I sat there with my mouth gaping. My followup visit today was no better....except now I understand the stretching he made me do. He said there was NO stone...and when I asked what was on the ultrasound he said FAT. He basically told me I was fat and out of shape and needed to work on my core. He also said the cyst in the L kidney had some calcifications and we should f/u in 6 mo's.

OK, I KNOW I'm WAY overweight but it is NOT from sitting and eating bon bons all day!! I am working on it but with the PSA, it has been difficult.

I will be getting a copy of all my records and will follow up with my FP but this is just a whole new level of frustrating for me.......will be seeing a new Rheum as well... :(

I don't "dr hop"....I had the same GYN for 30 years!

sigh.....sorry for the drama.....just needed to vent.....

Anyone knows of any good docs in San Antonio I would be very grateful!

......think I'll change my name to Grumpy Bear!

That sounds really frustrating all right. I’ve seen that type of doctor only a few times in my life, but I totally get it.

So my question is, are you feeling any better at this point? I totally hear you about the weight issue. I got motivated to lose weight when my hips became a problem last year. Sometimes getting angry can be good motivation. In the meantime, keep moving at whatever level you can.

Thanks for the encouragement Stoney. No, my back/side still hurt.....comes in waves. Yes, the anger can be a good motivator! I realized after I logged off that most of my rant had nothing to do with PSA! Still dealing with that ....this is just another layer right now. Thanks for taking time to respond!

Hope you are doing well! :)

Stoney said:

That sounds really frustrating all right. I've seen that type of doctor only a few times in my life, but I totally get it.

So my question is, are you feeling any better at this point? I totally hear you about the weight issue. I got motivated to lose weight when my hips became a problem last year. Sometimes getting angry can be good motivation. In the meantime, keep moving at whatever level you can.

Don’t you just hate it when docs treat you like that!! Trouble is, out of our own dumbfounded shock and vulnerability we don’t challenge the behaviour of the doc especially with someone else in the room, and that makes you feel even more upset afterwards.
Vent about it all you want about it, unfortunately even if the docs knowledge is good his behaviour is unacceptable…big hug x

I am sorry you had that experience. Vent all you need. After reading your experience I feel frustrated for you. You needn't feel guilty about seeking other opinions. You have every right to do so. I hope things take a positive turn.

Thank you so much for your kind response!! :)

dandlyons said:

I am sorry you had that experience. Vent all you need. After reading your experience I feel frustrated for you. You needn't feel guilty about seeking other opinions. You have every right to do so. I hope things take a positive turn.